IGNORED

I See Qpr Have Learned Their Lesson!

IdliketoRogerMoore

Presumably you're aware the Harry Redknapp is in charge?

A one man club destroying bulldozer.

Really? Surely it's down to the owner/directors to make sure the club is financially stable? Surely it's them, and not Redknapp who pay the money to the players?

Why is it people have this notion that when a Manager takes over at a club that he has carte blanche with all aspects of the club including finance ? Do these guys finish as players and then all of a sudden become Accountants & Lawyers capable of running a multi million pound business ?

The answer of course is a big fat NO. The Manager will identify the players he wants and then the rest is up to the board to negotiate a contract with the player and his agent. This of course includes their renumeration.

Why is it people have this notion that when a Manager takes over at a club that he has carte blanche with all aspects of the club including finance ? Do these guys finish as players and then all of a sudden become Accountants & Lawyers capable of running a multi million pound business ?

The answer of course is a big fat NO. The Manager will identify the players he wants and then the rest is up to the board to negotiate a contract with the player and his agent. This of course includes their renumeration.

thats true for every club accept the ones arry manages tone, arry comes in and he becomes chairman ceo finance officer director of football and tea lady,

blame the board for a club going under not the manager, Leeds fans don't blame david o'leary for their dimise they blame peter risdale

Do you really think it works like that Tone?  I don't.

Harry Redknapp is a good manager but the string of clubs he has wrecked financially, starting with lowly Bournemouth, has not come about because they all happened to have a board that became financially reckless just at the very time that Redknapp was managing their club.

Do you really think it works like that Tone?  I don't.

Harry Redknapp is a good manager but the string of clubs he has wrecked financially, starting with lowly Bournemouth, has not come about because they all happened to have a board that became financially reckless just at the very time that Redknapp was managing their club.

So is harry at fault for Coventry, Chester, Leeds,QPR (while holloway was in charge) Plymouth and all the other clubs that have gone to the wall while he's been no where near them?

No its reckless spending from the owner not the manager the manager isn't in charge of the budgets, is it Johnsons Minness's Cotts or SoD's fault we were 50 million in debt? no it was reckless spending from the board,

Why is it people have this notion that when a Manager takes over at a club that he has carte blanche with all aspects of the club including finance ? Do these guys finish as players and then all of a sudden become Accountants & Lawyers capable of running a multi million pound business ?

In the past, Redknapp has had it stipulated in his contract that he is responsible for bringing in players. I'm sure te board has a veto, so you are right that it's their own fault, but 'Arry has as much control as he can. That's before you get into him having a clause that says he gets a percentage of any profit made when selling players that he initially signed, as he allegedly had at Pompey...

In the past, Redknapp has had it stipulated in his contract that he is responsible for bringing in players. I'm sure te board has a veto, so you are right that it's their own fault, but 'Arry has as much control as he can. That's before you get into him having a clause that says he gets a percentage of any profit made when selling players that he initially signed, as he allegedly had at Pompey...

theer is a film called in the net ( I think) with Ray winstone loosely based on arry himself!

I'm sure Harry has basically asked for who he wants to sign and board members have gone out and got what he said. There has to be some accountability from Redknapp, but he ultimately wants his team to perform, whereas other managers do that while thinking of the club finances.

I don't think it's a great surprise that a few of the clubs he has managed have wealthy foreign owners...

Happy to chuck money at big names thinking they'll get a successful club in a few years. That will never happen. Abramovich and the Man City lot are either around for years or looking at the sustainability.

Not many of us thought abramavich would still be around 12 years later!

And thats a great job? No trophies but a couple of good nights.

Hope for Alan Pardew yet.

Getting Champions League for Spurs for the first time, I'd say that was a bloody good job. Everyone agreed Moyes done a good job to get it at Everton

And moving Bale to left wing, to be fair, that wasn't a bad move, was it? Made the club a lot of money, which the next manager / DoF then spunked up the wall

what did he do apart from move Bale the midfield?

You got an agenda against redknapp? Everyone saw he did a great job at Spurs, if you think inheriting a team in the relegation zone and making them reach the quarter finals in a few years as a bad job you must be very hard to please

You got an agenda against redknapp? Everyone saw he did a great job at Spurs, if you think inheriting a team in the relegation zone and making them reach the quarter finals in a few years as a bad job you must be very hard to please

to be fair yes there were down there but no way they should've been with the squad they had! But I agree taking them into the champions league was the highlight of his career, which mirrors his personality all bullshit and bravado!

Archived