IGNORED

Atmosphere

Go Junior GO

Why have city decided to move east end to side of williams furthest away from away fans!

There a big gap between the atyeo and williams so there is no way they can get at each other

theres always a better atmosphere when home and away fans are closer

Why not watch the football instead?

Why have city decided to move east end to side of williams furthest away from away fans!

There a big gap between the atyeo and williams so there is no way they can get at each other

theres always a better atmosphere when home and away fans are closer

I wasn't aware the East End housed the only home fans.  Very impressed at the number of neutrals packing out the other stands.

I am very worried about what will happen in season 2015-16.

Basically fans will want to transfer seats to the new stand to become a loyal EastEnder. Now there is a risk that some people applying for these shiny new facilities may not be loyal bloodstock EastEnders. Indeed, the knock on effects of contamination by the mixing of season ticket holders across other less loyal stands this season must not be underestimated. Sperior ex EastEnder types will be applying as Williams stand season ticket holders alongside less important average Williams stand season ticket holders.

Nightmare. Action needs to be taken. Am i the only forward thinking fan worried this mixing of stock will have a catastrophic impact on the ability of one fan to claim loyalty superiority over another?

Surely the club will introduce selection and priority allocation by a fairer process than open to all. I would imagine possession of a city tattoo, an expired banning order, the ability to refuse to sit down for five days continuously and an ability to talk about the old days of terrace wars would be a minimum requirement to even start to be considered for a spot there.

Weighing it all up, it may be better if the club puts the build on hold until robust ancestry assessment can be sorted.

Basically fans will want to transfer seats to the new stand to become a loyal EastEnder. Now there is a risk that some people applying for these shiny new facilities may not be loyal bloodstock EastEnders. Indeed, the knock on effects of contamination by the mixing of season ticket holders across other less loyal stands this season must not be underestimated. Sperior ex EastEnder types will be applying as Williams stand season ticket holders alongside less important average Williams stand season ticket holders.

Nightmare. Action needs to be taken. Am i the only forward thinking fan worried this mixing of stock will have a catastrophic impact on the ability of one fan to claim loyalty superiority over another?

Surely the club will introduce selection and priority allocation by a fairer process than open to all. I would imagine possession of a city tattoo, an expired banning order, the ability to refuse to sit down for five days continuously and an ability to talk about the old days of terrace wars would be a minimum requirement to even start to be considered for a spot there.

Weighing it all up, it may be better if the club puts the build on hold until robust ancestry assessment can be sorted.

The FC have a handle on it.

No end in sight. A Teeny weeny Paddock is being built. Add a c ... Paddcock.

COCK COCK COCK ENDERS.

No lad would want that v waving at the away fans.

Well done! You've highlighted a major problem. Perhaps an additional test to identify a true East Ender would be the number of post on the forum complaining about the boring old stagers who sit in the Dolman. I suggest that the minimum pass mark would be five negative posts per year for at least 3 out of the last 5 years.

You're funny, maybe you could write some new material for Michael Barrymore?

I personally hope nobody goes into the new Eastend with the intention to sit down and be quiet for 90 minutes. The atmosphere is what made & hopefully will make the new stand special.

The thing is babs no one could heAr that atmosphere only those in the eastend.. The atmosphere sounded shit from elsewhere

What will happen is the new EE is likely going to house those formally of the Atyeo. Generally each stand has a personality and the fans in them stands reflect that such as the Williams being an old farts stand. The mix of East Enders and Atyeo fans is going to cause a personality clash of the stand. There will be some who want to come and enjoy their game with their kids whilst next to them there will be fans who want to let off flares and go mental for 90 minutes. If this isn't addressed then the stand will turn into another Atyeo stand. It is important that the stand caters for everyone's needs and solutions need to be thought of well in advance. Maybe it could be designated that the upper EE is a signing section so expect loud behaviour and witty banter etc however the lower section could accommodate the families. The current EE used to operate exactly this way. Families often naturally drifted to the front whilst the more vocal supporters drifted to the back. I think it's also important that the upper level is unreserved whilst the lower section can be reserved for those who like the security of having their own seats. I'm not sure what's going on but I think around Xmas time a focus group should be set up to discuss how best to incorporate the EE spirit into the new stand plus integrating the new supporters into the stand. If this is left until the stand is built then the stand will be a failure and people will moan that things should have been agreed with the club before it opened. I would be interested in taking part in any discussions. I want to walk into the new EE and feel like I did walking into the old EE. It's not the design of the stand that gives it an identity, it's the fans that give it that identity and soul.

What will happen is the new EE is likely going to house those formally of the Atyeo. Generally each stand has a personality and the fans in them stands reflect that such as the Williams being an old farts stand. The mix of East Enders and Atyeo fans is going to cause a personality clash of the stand. There will be some who want to come and enjoy their game with their kids whilst next to them there will be fans who want to let off flares and go mental for 90 minutes. If this isn't addressed then the stand will turn into another Atyeo stand. It is important that the stand caters for everyone's needs and solutions need to be thought of well in advance. Maybe it could be designated that the upper EE is a signing section so expect loud behaviour and witty banter etc however the lower section could accommodate the families. The current EE used to operate exactly this way. Families often naturally drifted to the front whilst the more vocal supporters drifted to the back. I think it's also important that the upper level is unreserved whilst the lower section can be reserved for those who like the security of having their own seats. I'm not sure what's going on but I think around Xmas time a focus group should be set up to discuss how best to incorporate the EE spirit into the new stand plus integrating the new supporters into the stand. If this is left until the stand is built then the stand will be a failure and people will moan that things should have been agreed with the club before it opened. I would be interested in taking part in any discussions. I want to walk into the new EE and feel like I did walking into the old EE. It's not the design of the stand that gives it an identity, it's the fans that give it that identity and soul.

Fans have not seen the design and detail. It is not fair to pigeonhole any group of fans into something they may dislike. The preference could be a move to the Dolman or Williams.

Lots of interesting debate on the merits and character of the stands post 2015 but what I find most worrying is that if they still can't sort out making a decent edible pie then what hope is there for a making a swanky new stadium?

Quality of pies and swankiness of stadiums are inversely proportional. See our non-league, horse punching neighbours for more details.

Quality of pies and swankiness of stadiums are inversely proportional. See our non-league, horse punching neighbours for more details.

shouldn't be long before we see the final plans as the Construction company was named this morning, I guess we'll see them in about 2 or 3 weeks time

shouldn't be long before we see the final plans as the Construction company was named this morning, I guess we'll see them in about 2 or 3 weeks time

Good news. And, as they are called Barr Construction, they have provided the media dept with much-needed pun-related content.

Someone at Bristol Sport is "hugely excited" about this, apparently.

Yes you're so right- just checked and Michelle Roux Jr is doing half time Horse D'Oeuvres at the minimal. Catering for at least 18000 gastronomically sophisticated sags.

Good news. And, as they are called Barr Construction, they have provided the media dept with much-needed pun-related content.

Someone at Bristol Sport is "hugely excited" about this, apparently.

I'm glad, always welcome a good bar at the gate :)

Archived