IGNORED

Places Were We Still Need Strength

healeyred

Still have no idea what his best position is, but with Freeman in I don't think he'll have much game time but we will see

I don't know what to make of him, he runs around a lot, doesn't for me get in the right positions to cross well. Doesn't create too much, then turns up in the box or just outside and smacks one home.

One of those I would love to leave out truth be told, but just as likely to score you the winner. Like someone said marmite.

As for his best position, I think a floating type role behind the strikers, his work rate alone would make it hard for opposition to play out from the back.

Many attributes.

Quick, strong, and holds up the ball very well. If you played him infront of a 3 of JET, Baldock and Freeman, he can make the ball stick, and play them in.

Could also be a useful False 9, especially with the attacking threat that will be behind him.

Fair enough, I don't know too much about him so I thought I would pick your brain.

Goalkeepers: We don't need another goalkeeper, we have a plethora of them already. Although Fielding had a (really) bad start to last season, he's still a class goalkeeper.

Defenders: We could do with another centre back, preferably left sided as I'm not sure Williams is there yet to play in a CB pairing.

Central Midfielders: Kelly, Pack, Reid, Elliot, Wynter should do just fine. Otherwise let's have a loan player.

Widemen/Wingers: We're probably OK for wingers. Burns can play on the wing if need be.

Forwards: Maybe a centre forward option wouldn't be a bad idea.

Goalkeepers: We don't need another goalkeeper, we have a plethora of them already. Although Fielding had a (really) bad start to last season, he's still a class goalkeeper.

Defenders: We could do with another centre back, preferably left sided as I'm not sure Williams is there yet to play in a CB pairing.

Central Midfielders: Kelly, Pack, Reid, Elliot, Wynter should do just fine. Otherwise let's have a loan player.

Widemen/Wingers: We're probably OK for wingers. Burns can play on the wing if need be.

Harsh IMO

We don't need another Goalkeeper ????? What !!!!

We have Fielding and Elliott Parish, with the latter being already transfer listed and whilst he done okay when called on for us last season, his record at League Two Newport County highlighted he will never be a first team keeper in League One side, and if we were to get promoted he would let in hatfuls in the Championship ! The manager obviously wants to move him on but doesn't see him good enough even if he doesn't move on, so with only Fielding, how are we covered ? David Richards was signed for the development squad and is yet to make any first team appearances so not sure he is adequate cover yet and imagine he'll go out on loan this season. We need a keeper of Fieldings standard if not better to challenge for the no 1 spot, or at least be suitable cover if Fielding got injured.

Usual pre-season hype, every new signing is a wonder player and the existing players get overlooked. The squad is definitely looking a lot better and more balanced, but optimism has a habit of vanishing early in a season! I still have a feeling a few players may move on, and got a feeling that Kelly will not be a major part of SC's plans.

Agree we need another keeper, Simon Moore if we can agree a deal would do for me.

Definitely need another CB, Flint is not strong enough when ran at, and El Abd is just awful, Nosworthy on a 1 year deal I would have thought would be perfect.

Another striker as a squad player would complete it for me, I see no need for another midfielder.

Archived