IGNORED

Our Team....

Cider red

Has suddenly started to look a lot stronger....

Fielding

Little                 Osborne       Williams        Cunningham

Pack

Elliot                                     Kelly

Jet                                          Freeman

Baldock

Bench: Burns, Reid, Bryan, Flint, Morel, Waggy, GK         

Maloney as cover and squad rotation

In the changing room: El abd

Looking at that we probably need another striker, centre back and goalkeeper, then were looking good. 4-3-3 is the obvious choice but we could play with jet and baldock up top with burns and freeman on each wings or waggy, and we have midfield options in abundance!

What does everyone reckon then?

We've just signed one of the best wing backs in the league (Little) won't we be playing 3-5-2 of some form..?

I'm really not sure, I'm looking forward to how Cotts will set up the team. I see what you mean about Little, but where would Luke Freeman play in a 3-5-2?

I'm really not sure, I'm looking forward to how Cotts will set up the team. I see what you mean about Little, but where would Luke Freeman play in a 3-5-2?

It mentioned in his interview that he has filled in at left back when needed, perhaps a LWB role with a lot of license to get forward? Williams pushing out to a LB role and a back 4 when Freeman goes forward...? 

It mentioned in his interview that he has filled in at left back when needed, perhaps a LWB role with a lot of license to get forward? Williams pushing out to a LB role and a back 4 when Freeman goes forward...? 

Possible, but I'd hate for Cunningham to be dropped. I feel he's one of our best players, and I'd much rather see Freeman be given a completely attacking role.

Ah genius, otib118. Swap a central player and have extra CB. That solves the issue of having Freeman and Cunningham. If we could get a decent ball playing CB they could press up the pitch to make up the midfield anyway. Here's hoping Cotts signs Mascherano or Martinez.

Ah genius, otib118. Swap a central player and have extra CB. That solves the issue of having Freeman and Cunningham. If we could get a decent ball playing CB they could press up the pitch to make up the midfield anyway. Here's hoping Cotts signs Mascherano or Martinez.

Would be a great idea and make us hard to predict/mark as it will have a great deal of fluidity! We've got the makings of a very good squad just need a few tweaks here and there

Agree I really want to see Cunningham in the side, maybe something like: 

.....................................New GK (Rudd?)

Little...............Osborne...........................Williams........Cunningham

.........................Pack.................................Elliott

Burns/New RW......................JET...........,..........................Freeman

..........................................Baldock

Don't think Cotts likes us being overrun in the middle so perhaps the way forward is by looking for another winger or promoting Burns and giving him an extended run at RW? Personally I'd back Osborne/Williams as a central defensive partnership that wouldn't need a 3rd member, Cunningham we know is good at LB and Little appears promising at RB. Pack cleans up a lot as well so could allow Elliott to push forward.

I don't know how much Elliott will play, would like to think a lot but if his legs are starting to go Kelly/Reid will need to step in so maybe another CM is needed? Ball winner maybe. Doubt Morrell is ready for the step up yet at 17, give him another couple of years.

The signing of Little makes me think that we will not be playing with a back four for the majority of next season. Posh fans have said that his defensive side is a lot weaker than is attacking therefore I can see us ling up similar to this.

Fielding/New GK

Osbourne   New CB   Williams

Little                                                            Cunningham

Pack

Elliot                  Freeman

Jet

Baldock

Subs: New GK/Fielding Flint Wagstaff Bryan Reid Kelly Burns

I think that we should start bringing on Burns up front, rather than on the wing, because I am sure this is where he has played most games for Wales U21s and our U21s. We should be looking to bring him on if JET is having one of his off days or if the game is being closed out as his pace gives us a better out ball than a tired Baldock, just my thoughts but think this could really help Wes to become that second striker when the inevitable thing happens and we lose one or even both JET and Baldock. 

Would be interesting to see the role burns plays this season. He took a while to sign his contract and maybe a factor in him signing would have been that cotts agreed to play him more. I would like to see him play more in the right wing role as he provides that injection of pace, gets the crowd going and has a surprisingly good cross on him.

I expect a big season from him

Archived