IGNORED

Current Transfer Policy

Coach

Must admit reading the following makes me a little nervous .... MK Dons boss Karl Robinson talking about Luke Freeman:

Speaking to BBC Three Counties Radio, he said whilst he would have liked to have made a move, he said it would have been impossible for any side in the division to compete with Bristol City's transfer policy, adding that it would "blow most clubs out of the water."

Is Steve Lansdown having a bit of a spin up, deciding to give it a real go?

Or does Robinson not know what he's talking about?

I think Lansdown has proved himself a fairly reckless spender so that's probably fair comment however we're under the same SCMP restrictions as them so although that doesn't include fees, it does limit our overall wage bill.  There's also very little downside for any manager in proclaiming other clubs to have more resources.

We freed up a lot of money by, finally, getting rid of the dead wood. It'd possible that Elliott or Fontaine's wages alone could have been enough to cover the three we signed this week

I'd take it more Robinson is playing down their chances and pointing out how the poor, little franchise are battling against much bigger teams

To be honest though, if you were Freeman, who would you choose!?

Didn't feel worried at all reading that, made me feel good

Must admit reading the following makes me a little nervous .... MK Dons boss Karl Robinson talking about Luke Freeman:

Speaking to BBC Three Counties Radio, he said whilst he would have liked to have made a move, he said it would have been impossible for any side in the division to compete with Bristol City's transfer policy, adding that it would "blow most clubs out of the water."

Is Steve Lansdown having a bit of a spin up, deciding to give it a real go?

Or does Robinson not know what he's talking about?

So we have signed 3 players......

Free... Free.... Fee. 

How the hell does he know what our transfer policy is??

Robinson his deflecting attention away from his side thats all, they were in a strong postion last season and faded quite badly we only just finished behind them in the end,

When Mk dons fans see other clubs like signing very good players at this level they are questioning him asking why haven't we signed so and so (like most threads on here when we "miss out" on someone)

I think Karl Robinson can put in a educated guess. Didn't Crawley suggest they turned down x amount earlier in the year? Then extended the contract, which we can only assume increased the value.

It is no secret we pay far more in terms of transfer fees at this level. Also our attendance is greater than most which will dictate we can afford higher wages. Add to that owners are allowed to gift (3 million isn't it?) A year to the club? Well again we have one of the few owners at this level that can afford that.

Add to that we have released a lot of high earners and lowered the playing staff.

I would suggest it isn't rocket science that has got Karl to his conclusion

So we have signed 3 players......

Free... Free.... Fee. 

How the hell does he know what our transfer policy is??

But they weren't though were they, Freeman was an undisclosed 6 figure sum!

You can see them all play next Saturday, Friendly just been arranged against Portishead Town!

Agree with others that this partly deflects the focus away from MK Dons and does himself a favour because they weren't successful.

Furthermore, if I'm correct then FFP refers to the money clubs spend on wages, not transfer fees. SL may well have paid a fairly hefty transfer fee for a young and promising player but the significant thing is the wages being paid. I'm sure he'll be on a good salary but now that we have cleared out a lot of deadwood I'm confident that this signing is still in line with the clubs current transfer policy.

I think Cotts and Lansdown have been very sensible so far.  Two free transfers and a young player who can only get better.  We don't know the fee for Freeman, and the misc agents / signing on fees or salaries for the players, but I'd bet it's a lot better than some of the crazy money spent in the past.

Agree with others that this partly deflects the focus away from MK Dons and does himself a favour because they weren't successful.

Furthermore, if I'm correct then FFP refers to the money clubs spend on wages, not transfer fees. SL may well have paid a fairly hefty transfer fee for a young and promising player but the significant thing is the wages being paid. I'm sure he'll be on a good salary but now that we have cleared out a lot of deadwood I'm confident that this signing is still in line with the clubs current transfer policy.

FFP does include transfer fees as it is about the size of losses.

We aren't subject to FFP, but SCMP (Salary Cost Management Protocol) which is just about salaries.

I think Karl Robinson is trying to appease fans and he doesn't have a clue what we offered.

Agreed, he does not know what we do or don't have plus were a bigger club than 15 clubs in this league at least so we should have more spending power

This is the same bloke who tried to unsettle Sam Baldock last season. Sammy, credit to him, bold him to jog on.

He is simply trying to lower his own fans expectations.

I hope we take a huge following to MK this season and show him what we can be all about.

Archived