IGNORED

Going Down The Same Road As Last Season?

Who Are Rovers?

Hi all, seeing that we have signed 4 players, and with the departure of Kelly, needing to sign possibly 4 more, do any of you think we are going down the same road as last season, where we sign quality players, but it takes them at least half the season to gel into a quality team? 

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

No.

The majority of players we signed last summer were POTENTIALLY good youngsters.

Everyone we have signed this summer are proven quality at this level.

I actually can't believe what's going on - it is superb transfer business!

Hi all, seeing that we have signed 4 players, and with the departure of Kelly, needing to sign possibly 4 more, do any of you think we are going down the same road as last season, where we sign quality players, but it takes them at least half the season to gel into a quality team?

Always a possibility, but one of the 4 already knows us. And they have a whole preseason to bed in.

No.

The majority of players we signed last summer were POTENTIALLY good youngsters.

Everyone we have signed this summer are proven quality at this level.

I actually can't believe what's going on - it is superb transfer business!

Totally agree with this... normally we watch this happening to other clubs !!

No not at all, last season we brought in promising youngsters & far to late. We're getting established decent players that will have plenty time to all gel before the season starts.

Personally think it's looking very promising for a serious promotion push hopefully the title :-)

I would love to know what the likes of Sheffield United are thinking about our activity this week.

Of course it's yet to be seen how it all works out, but these signings are all top drawer at this level and must be sending out a real message of intent.

Not only to our rivals, but also our player that we want to keep ala Baldock & JET. They must be impressed by our ambition and hopefully it will keep them wanting to be a part of it long term.

I would love to know what the likes of Sheffield United are thinking about our activity this week.

Of course it's yet to be seen how it all works out, but these signings are all top drawer at this level and must be sending out a real message of intent.

Not only to our rivals, but also our player that we want to keep ala Baldock & JET. They must be impressed by our ambition and hopefully it will keep them wanting to be a part of it long term.

most are saying we are going to be a force with the signings we are making,

I would have though Baldock is as excited as we are and JET, maybe a little worried about the added pace in the squad!!

This is where players like Nosworthy with their experience come in to give encouragement to the younger players! 

My thoughts are that if we are to chase for promotion we need to be signing a lot better quality than Elliot, Smith and Little. Freeman on the other hand has a lot of potential for sure, but remember he was a starlet in a team that struggled and was relegated. My worry that is that it is the fans will go down the same road as last season; believing we're going to get promoted when really we have a current squad that will hit mid-table.

My thoughts are that if we are to chase for promotion we need to be signing a lot better quality than Elliot, Smith and Little. Freeman on the other hand has a lot of potential for sure, but remember he was a starlet in a team that struggled and was relegated. My worry that is that it is the fans will go down the same road as last season; believing we're going to get promoted when really we have a current squad that will hit mid-table.

We hit mid table last season and have improved the squad/team.

I don't remember too many on here talking of promotion. Most were looking for mid table with glimpses of excellence. 

Obviously never saw Elliott play last season then?

Where's Kelly going / gone? Excuse my ignorance but I only really come on here and haven't seen it mentioned?

I thought everyone was raving last season about how great he was and how much he was missed?

Where's Kelly going / gone? Excuse my ignorance but I only really come on here and haven't seen it mentioned?

I thought everyone was raving last season about how great he was and how much he was missed?

Or the Liam Kelly Gone thread. Not too hard to spot :laugh:

The "Liam Kelly Gone" thread might have something about it..!

I'm an eternal pessimist, but with the signings we've made so far, and the the players we already have in (Baldock, JET, et al) I think top 2 is a serious possibility.

Our transfer activity has not gone unnoticed by the other bigger clubs in this division.

We've made a statement of intent. If SC has the nouse to turn this huge potential into a side then everyone will be looking up at us.

There. Can't get much more positive than that.

Archived