IGNORED

Wynters Comes And Goes But At Bristol City He's Like The Elusive Pimpernel

gavlin

Jordan Wynter signed from Arsenal (who were going to offer him a new contract) started the season in the first team and looked like potentially he could make an impact. Then just seemed to fade out of contention. Never sent on loan to any other club this year. Is he injury prone. Has he a future now at City?   

SC said when he came in that he didn't know what his best position was. He played regularly at right back / right wing back for the under 21's in the second half of the season. To me this would suggest that he could be on the way out as we have strength in that position now. Not sure what went on at the beginning of last season as i thought he looked decent in pre season and the first couple of games. SOD then left him out never to be seen again.

Came in with a massive fanfare too, big season for him coming up

Agreed - a big season for him, but with the other players City have who can play in midfield or at full back, I don't see how he will get into the team. Unless we have some injuries I can't see him even being named as a sub.

The only thing I've heard Cotts say about him in an interview was that he didn't know what his best position was and that he needed more from him. He said something along the lines of him being a good runner but he hasn't seen what else he can do other than keep running and running all game. He was giving him credit for being a good athlete with a good engine but maybe questioning what else he can bring to the team...

He's now in his last year with us and I can't see him featuring much. Reckon he'll end up out on loan a couple of times and either leave in jan or next summer.

Archived