IGNORED

Fan Friday?

Who Are Rovers?

From here

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/blackthorn-bows-out-from-ashton-gate/

"Bristol City fans can look forward to seeing the new season's kit released next week. Join us for "Fan Friday" on July 11th at Ashton Gate from 5pm - 7pm when you can meet the players and get your new shirt signed by team members ahead of their pre-season tour to Botswana!"

Strange nothing been on the official site, more and more news is appearing first on the Bristol sport site

Im getting ****** off with news being split between City and Bristol Sport and how it is seemingly taking over.

Bristol City > Bristol Sport.

I think its because of the host for the offical site that more and more appears on the Bristol Sport site, its takes forever for the host site to publish anything the club submits so its quicker to get it out in the public domain on the bristol sports site,

If we weren't tied into the shitty deal by the FL it would be different I suspect,

• Admin

I think its because of the host for the offical site that more and more appears on the Bristol Sport site, its takes forever for the host site to publish anything the club submits so its quicker to get it out in the public domain on the bristol sports site,

If we weren't tied into the shitty deal by the FL it would be different I suspect,

Fair point but then the club need to be clear where we should be looking for these news stories as there are different things filtering off of each site.

I would be interested to know what this time delay is getting stories posted as have read it a few times now - clearly stories (signings etc) are getting through straight away as they are being linked to the clubs twitter feed.

Even there is a delay 24 hours later still nothing anywhere about this "fans day" on the club site - now that IS poor

Fair point but then the club need to be clear where we should be looking for these news stories as there are different things filtering off of each site.

I would be interested to know what this time delay is getting stories posted as have read it a few times now - clearly stories (signings etc) are getting through straight away as they are being linked to the clubs twitter feed.

Even there is a delay 24 hours later still nothing anywhere about this "fans day" on the club site - now that IS poor

I think generally the website (citys) is updated around 11/12 and then 3/4 in the afternoon, the host just don't look after us they look after 72 other FL clubs so if its a busy news day items will take longer to go on the site (I'm guessing here)

Etherway I wish we could go back to our old award winning website not this FL BS

• Admin

Completely agree, remember our site was always one of the best

What is interesting all the photo's from the OS now link to a FaceBook page, the latest story about the kit today links to the Bristol Sport site.

I wonder if there is a way that the bcfc.co.uk can just autoforward to the Bristol Sport page and that be taken forward?

Have a section to each clubs site ?

I tend to get all my info from this forum or Twitter, try not to visit the awful OS unless I am desperate. I don't tend to use facebook much either. Bristol Sport tweets are very good at putting up info, especially since the bloke from Stoke joined a few weeks ago, really raising the profile of our parent company. Bcfc tweets are also quick too.

Completely agree, remember our site was always one of the best

What is interesting all the photo's from the OS now link to a FaceBook page, the latest story about the kit today links to the Bristol Sport site.

I wonder if there is a way that the bcfc.co.uk can just autoforward to the Bristol Sport page and that be taken forward?

Have a section to each clubs site ?

the web host may charge for uploading data to the site so that may just keep the costs down or as I suspect its quicker to upload them to Bristol Sport and Facebook rather the the OS

I tend to get all my info from this forum or Twitter, try not to visit the awful OS unless I am desperate. I don't tend to use facebook much either. Bristol Sport tweets are very good at putting up info, especially since the bloke from Stoke joined a few weeks ago, really raising the profile of our parent company. Bcfc tweets are also quick too.

Twitter is the best way of getting info, on match days the team news is there straight away, and if you follow Any of the official tweets there is nearly always a link to the original news source.

Archived