IGNORED

Exiting Time To Be A City Supporter!

Frome Red

I know I'm most probably setting myself up for more disappointment :( But I must say it's been a good few years since I have felt this optimistic pre season & with some great signings and the rebuild of Ashton gate starting I can honestly say I'm feeling rather exited about the new season and can see some good times ahead :)

I am a natural pessimist over our club. This is the most optimistic I've felt since our return to the Championship. We have assembled a squad that should be competing at the top. Whether it will or not is where SC earns the rest of his crust. I've been impressed thus far.

Yes I get the deja vu comment. But it is different in some ways. THE board are listening backing cotts and fans. Only results will bring the real feel good factor but really feel they have learnt from last season. Recruitment this year is more than I had hoped for and nearly complete.

Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.

My apologies! I did not realise to post on otib it has to be a negative comment about who ever the club sign or whatever they try doing & god forbid never EVER show any optimism in a post ... I must of missed that part when I signed up.

Ohh and before anyone mentions my spelling and grammar I couldn't give a **** !

And breath ..... Good morning otib!

My apologies! I did not realise to post on otib it has to be a negative comment about who ever the club sign or whatever they try doing & god forbid never EVER show any optimism in a post ... I must of missed that part when I signed up.

Shoot, grammar's only important for clarifying communication .

I think we all knew what you meant but you left yourself open to gentle mockery !

I recall a few years ago a poster stating on the Mangotsfield Utd website that they had travelled with 4,000 other fans to the Arsenal opener in 1976 by couch. The guy got a lot of ribbing and comments to the effect that it must've been one helluva big couch. He then produced a pic of a couch that must've been the same size as the Avon Gorge with at least several hundred people sat on its edge and room for many more. From that day on I have refrained from commenting on anything that appears to be a mistake for fear it isn't and I'd have egg on my face.

I sincerely hope not, but the OP could depart this life in the next few months and this season would indeed be an exiting time for him.There would then be much egg on faces.

BTW I have since wondered if the giant couch I seen a pic of was really a normal sized couch with hundreds of subutteo fans perched on it to fool me into thinking it was the size of the Avon Gorge. If anyone did travel there by couch please let me know. If you travelled by alternative means and were passed by 4,000 fans on a giant couch also kindly inform me and let me know what you were on.

Errr check the title of your thread. "Exiting times for City fans" - spelled as if it is time to leave. Admittedly it's a poor joke but I wasn't the only one to make it. I wasn't talking about you being overly positive at all. I'm as exited as you  ;)

Archived