IGNORED

The Lansdowns

tiz

I wanted to post to say how optimistic I am that the Lansdowns are as we go into this season answering all my doubts. Last season whilst not an out and out critic questioned their leadership of Bcfc. I felt sod was the long term answer and had bought into the five pillars A disaster of a start to the season and sacking of sod taking on of Cotts who I had no real issue with but didnt see him improving thing s and the crumbling of the five pillers with El habd. But they called the sacking right and appointment of Cotts. I have this last few weeks seen some real leadership and backing of cotts with some excellent signings and a real biggy for me an attempt to apease fans with a team shirt that fans were asking for namely retro. I think the Lansdowns are stepping up to the mark and trying while leading to keep fans on board. The club is the fans more than anything but also a buisness and I genuinely feel that at this moment in time they are showing genuine leadership and trying to plesse us the fans.............just one thing...with the reduced capacity and hopefully a succesful season means me a shift worker could struggle to get a ticket........I guess v that is a good problem

I've been thinking along the same lines , shift work means midweek games are difficult/impossible   and with the odd weekend games I'd miss a ST isn't on the cards. Looking to get to some away games , we should have a good following and grab a ticket early for the home games I can get to.

Never known such a tide of optimism , it's a little scary :P   

Flew over Steve's house on the Faro-Exeter flight this afternoon and gave him a wave. Always supported him. Yes, there's been some dodgy decisions but who hasn't made some wrong calls in their career?

Nice bloke as is his son. Real, passionate supporters who are putting their money into the Club.

We are so lucky to have them and it will come right sooner rather than later. For the first time for several seasons, the positive feeling is back. Time for the few to stop bitching (shirts, signings et al) and get behind the Club.

COYRs

it appears to me the club hasn't been this forward thinking for many a year.

should we be lucky enough to gain promotion this season the squad being put together already has a look about it that would survive in the championship.

I know that may be getting carried away with the new boys coming in but hay its fantastic to go into a new season with some real hope.

s.c was never my choice but he seems to have real drive and sees himself here for the long term.it sounds like all the lads arriving  had choices to go to clubs at our level or higher, that's got to tell you everything about the clubs ambition {and wages}

so waz reckon we on the move or wat?

My only concern is that this feel good factor will turn into anger if the results don't go our way early doors.

We've got a good manager an exciting looking squad, a supportive board and a new improved stadium on the way.

It might not click instantly but let's support them all the way.

Wolfie ...yes I can see with the new shirt that people are quick to get angry. I felt like this last season in truth except that the board now seem to be listening to the supporters. But they have shown leadership and that they are trying to listen ( so hard with such strong feelings with differing views) . Hopefully results will dictate a feel good factor but as a doubter I now believe and trust that we are getting there. ....even with those who mock every good intent. My hope is that results will deter even them

Thanks mate. Hard to believe this battered old fart of an egg chaser actually has a very high IQ but dyslexia and small phone key pads and fat fingers are not good for me. Plus why do samsung put commas on page two.

Looks like, not for the first time, that SteveL is backing his man.

Presumably the FFP rules and the club's financial state are synchronised.

It's ridiculos to make confident predictions but it was put to me that this pre-season has a similarity with that of 97-98. City had John Ward, who'd saved our previous season. We signed Shaun Taylor, Mickey Bell and Cramby - and won promotion.

It was touch and go whether they would get rid of many fans golden boy O Dreary in time, they did ..........just in time. Such boringly negative football has been replaced with some life and hope, this has continued over the close season.

Also many fans dreams of a super stadium over the road has now been quashed and the reality of developing what we have has begun.

The future looks a lot brighter than this time last year we are now well capable of going up this time, many clubs in this div know this and we will be one of the favs to do so, CITY ARE BACK :city: 

Well done, the board backing the manager. Also sure this won't please some but well done sod and kb for last season keeping the wage bill down to a decent level, enabling us to now to go out and sign who we have.

The loss this summer of the 6 loan players plus Fontaine, Marv, Pearson and now Kelly has freed up a lot of money. If sod was right and he said he was well within scmp figures when in charge, sc has now got a lot of freedom to sign players.

I didn't want sod sacked thought he was struggling a bit, but hoped he would turn it round. The board did the right thing so credit to them and i think sc surprised a few with the results after xmas. Also seemed sod had his hands tied a bit regards wages, I think board weren't sure how much we were going to make so were being careful and staying within the scmp limits.

Thanks sod for doing the dirty work last summer regards scmp, and thanks the board and sc for the signings so far. The club seems to have a bit of optimism back again.

Archived