IGNORED

Elliott Parish

JammyOne

What's with this love in for Moore? Too much convo 'convinced' he's signed.

Silly Billy's.

As for Parish, this doesn't confirm where he'll be come 1st September.

Though personally, he has the character to improve and bounce back stronger if given the chance. But trust goes to SC & what he decides.

Personally think Parish is young enough to be a decent keeper in the future, but we've been here before with the likes of Stephen Henderson. We sign them young and no doubt the potential is there, but they want first team football and might not want to hang around 3-4 years waiting for their chance.

Parish had his chance too early, but to be fair to him, I thought he performed okay as our keeper for the first half of last season and I was surprised he wasn't more successful at Newport County as I certainly never felt he was the reason we were leaking goals, it was more the 4 players in front of him not doing their defensive duties competently. 

I don't know what sort of deal Parish is on, ie how long he has on his contract and I would imagine he is on very small wages. 

That said however he clearly wants to play football and a loan move may be best for him . I would actually offer him to Rovers for the season. He would be a good keeper for any conference side and personally I would like to see us keep hold of him for the future, unless he wants to go.

Fielding is a good solid keeper for this level, and Dave Richards clearly has potential.

Cotts has made it clear he wants a keeper of Fielding's ability or better to go a number 1 or at least cover for the number 1 spot, so effectively if Cotts see's Richards ahead of Parish, then if we sign another keeper than Parish would effectively be fourth choice, and if he see's Richards as a better keeper, then Parish will never be a City no 1, so Cotts by transfer listing Parish , may be trying to look after the players best interests.

I can see why Cotts wants a new keeper, but I feel Fielding should be first choice, and if he is unavailable, why not give one of the two Richards or Parish a chance, I wouldn't be disappointed to see Parish or Richards played in early rounds of the FA Cup or even in the JPT, they need game time to be truly evaluated, and not just in the reserves.

Moore done okay when he came in on loan but he is no better than Fielding and given he has already signed a 4 year deal with Cardiff, surely even having him on loan, will push Fielding further away from the number one spot (There is no way Cardiff or Moore will agree to a loan if they are not going to be guaranteed first team football) and then you could see him leave which would not be good, as we've not really recovered from losing Weale & Henderson after the Basso debacle. 

Fielding should be 1st choice, unless we make a permanent signing to challenge him.

If Richards and Parish have potential, they should be cover, or at least shipped out on loan for first team action, not just left to rot in the reserves, especially if we sign someone new, or we could get to the end of the season, with no keepers and whoever we had on loan leaving and then be in a pretty precarious position keeper wise.

He would probably want too much money but if we're looking for cover, then maybe it's worth approaching Boaz Myhill on a season long loan deal. He signed an extension in 2013 for 2 years at West Brom but has rarely played for them and sent out on loan before. He recently retired from the Wales set up and he is actually only 31, so whilst he may be happy playing in the reserves , West Brom might consider loaning him out for a season and they are reportedly looking for a new keeper at present and have a promising youngster in Daniels as well, so Myhill might be a loan option.

I would however rather see the two youngsters given a chance if needed, but Fielding should be our number one. He done little wrong when on form last season.

From what I saw last year all three keepers had their moments good and bad.  I didn't think (from what I saw ) that any one was the stand out , and Fielding was pretty solid towards the end of the season. Parish did OK in spells and have plenty of time on his side and sounds settled. Unless we sign some one considerably better than what we have , what's the point. Also unless we sign this new improved keeper permanently why not wait a year and save some money , I think what we have is good enough for L1. If we had a good season and went up ............ that's another matter.

With luck the more solid back line ( :fingerscrossed: )  will make which ever keeper is chosens' job a lot easier.

Decent enough back up keeper, but I think IF we sign Moore, we will be expediting his search for another club. Cold hard reality is that both Moore and Fielding are better than Parish, so he'd be better off looking at a lower League One or even League Two club to get more chance of first team football.

Archived