IGNORED

Pre-Season Friendlies

Bobby Reid

Brighton are free that weekend and they have Southampton just 3 days earlier.

Fulham too.

Leeds are but I can't imagine see us going up there.

They're the only ones that are free according to their fixtures lists.

Could end up with a free weekend.

Going down to bridgewater on the 19th, it wont be the first team but a day out never the less.rochdale away the first of many away days for me..c.o.y.r

I'll be going down to the bridgwater game

Thinking about taking my 2 year old boy to his 1st city game, be a good test before i take him to a league game :)

i didn't think it would be long for this kind of thread to appear,

Pre-season is about getting match fit only, results and quaility of oppisition do not matter one jot,

we could beat real madrid man u and Barca in a pre-season and still get relegated,

Pre-season friendlies are just that, a kickabout. A chance to play against other players they don't know. Cotterill and his staff can divide the team up as much as he likes at Failand but they all know each other. Ok we have from new players to integrate but against Portishead, Weston etc they can practice playing as a team against opposition they have superior ability to. They can play a match with unknown factors without really having to bust a gut to do so.

It's preparation yes, and fantastic for Portishead etc but it's not anything more than a training game really. I guess I'm not really interested in seeing the third string team of someone 'big' down here. Let's prepare steadily for the season and draw the big names in the cup competitions and give them a proper game instead.

No we didn't, we played them the year before that, which was a promotion season.

My mistake!

We played Borussia Monchenglaphac (spl?) In the Summer of 98.

My point being: is there any evidence-based correlation between pre-season schedule and season outcome? I suspect not.

Archived