IGNORED

Leyton Orient: The Man City Of L1?

This expected takeover has been completed and Barry Hearn's long standing ownership of the club is over.

Enter Italian Francesco Bechetti who has purchased Hearn's 90% stake. This 47 yr old has already come close to buying Reading and 2 other Italian League clubs but has decided to settle in London and wants to take a London club to the big time hence his purchase of Orient. Remember Fulham.

It appears that he will be spending a considerable sum to achieve this so we can expect to see Orient competing again although there may be changes in management as well as a new stadium name.

Bechetti is the nephew of Italy's "Trash King" , Manlio Cerroni - exporting nasty waste to Albania and Romania- they even own a company together. There are many suggestions in the Italian press that all is not what it seems.

As for how much this guy is worth and just how many zillions he's gonna pump into the O's is equally as murky but I think we'll be hearing a lot more from Orient.

This expected takeover has been completed and Barry Hearn's long standing ownership of the club is over.

Enter Italian Francesco Bechetti who has purchased Hearn's 90% stake. This 47 yr old has already come close to buying Reading and 2 other Italian League clubs but has decided to settle in London and wants to take a London club to the big time hence his purchase of Orient. Remember Fulham.

It appears that he will be spending a considerable sum to achieve this so we can expect to see Orient competing again although there may be changes in management as well as a new stadium name.

Bechetti is the nephew of Italy's "Trash King" , Manlio Cerroni - exporting nasty waste to Albania and Romania- they even own a company together. There are many suggestions in the Italian press that all is not what it seems.

As for how much this guy is worth and just how many zillions he's gonna pump into the O's is equally as murky but I think we'll be hearing a lot more from Orient.

Leeds have just been taken over by a rich itilian known as the king of corn, ask them how its going........

As we all know it doesn't always work. These type of people want usually want to make big changes, stamp their mark on the club, and want it all NOW. He'll play with his new toy for a while, upset people (usually the fans) then bugger off.

All this stuff, and past projects (eg Pompey) make me grateful for Mr Lansdown being at the helm.

It could be so much worse.....

indeed, we've thrown money at trying to get to the prem signing "named" players it hasn't worked now we are going about it the right way investing in talented young players and expanding the academy, lets hope it works this time

Hearn wasn't exactly short of a few bob to start with, was he?

I don't think Orient will be anywhere near the force they were this season. Losing in the manner they did at Wembley would have hurt them, especially after being in the top two for the majority of the season (rather like us and the 07/08 season).

They've sold one of their best and most promising players in Moses Odubajo to Brentford of all teams; they're goalkeeper Jamie Jones, who had a great season, has moved to Preston and they've yet to bring anyone in.

Like someone above said, look at Leeds... billionaire owners don't always mean success; just impressive for them to have 'football club ownership' on their CV.

I don't think Orient will be anywhere near the force they were this season. Losing in the manner they did at Wembley would have hurt them, especially after being in the top two for the majority of the season (rather like us and the 07/08 season).

They've sold one of their best and most promising players in Moses Odubajo to Brentford of all teams; they're goalkeeper Jamie Jones, who had a great season, has moved to Preston and they've yet to bring anyone in.

Like someone above said, look at Leeds... billionaire owners don't always mean success; just impressive for them to have 'football club ownership' on their CV.

Therein lies an irony- it's likely that the new owner will come in and shake things up and splash some cash yet Slade has got the O's to the final on a shoe string budget and by developing a squad slowly sort of like Sean Dyche was doing at Watford before he got sacked by the new............Italian owners! And whatever happened to Dyche?

And yes look at billionaire owners - just wanting to impr,,,,, oh, hang on a minute.....

Well he must have past the League's Fit & Proper scrutiny to own a football club, so I am sure all will be well.

:facepalm:

Well he must have past the League's Fit & Proper scrutiny to own a football club, so I am sure all will be well.

:facepalm:

To be fair, the FA applied its usual Fit & Proper test - they counted his heads and can confirm that he has just one...

Archived