IGNORED

Just A Goalie Then

old_eastender

Now that Ayling has signed we just need another solid goalkeeper (Simon Moore on loan would do nicely) and then IF we can keep Sammy, we SHOULD have a squad capable of being genuine automatic promotion contenders.

Job very well done thus far by all concerned :-)

Not felt this optimistic about our prospects since don't know when.

Agree with a keeper, doubt it will be Moore, also think he'll look for a pacey striker as cover / replacement for Baldock and if Baldock goes another striker.

If Baldock got injured, our front line would be quite paceless with JET and Wilbraham , with make shift strikers in Waggy and Freeman, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Waggy used as an impact player off the bench this season up front or on the wing.

Loan striker will probably happen (unless cotts sees burns playing up top like he does for Wales) and a keeper. Definitely a squad that should be challenging for promotions (and I would say stronger than the one that was promoted to the championship all those years ago. COYR

Why a keeper? We already have 3 on the books, Fielding is absolutely fine, Parrish proved an adequate stand-in, and there's also Richards. If FF has a long-term injury, maybe look for a loanee. I just don't see the point of having too many keepers, if Parrish and Richards are worth a wage, we have to be prepared to use them.

Why a keeper? We already have 3 on the books, Fielding is absolutely fine, Parrish proved an adequate stand-in, and there's also Richards. If FF has a long-term injury, maybe look for a loanee. I just don't see the point of having too many keepers, if Parrish and Richards are worth a wage, we have to be prepared to use them.

Agreed. I don't think Moore was any better than Fielding whilst here at any rate. A striker is the biggest priority for me but I've no issue with Wes getting a chance.

Think we definitely need a keeper, FF's few decent performances doesn't convince me at all. The fact Parish struggled in league 2 is quite telling..Haven't seen Richards enough to comment, but putting in young goalkeepers on the spotlight can have either a good or bad affect..

If we can get Moore, we should snap him up ASAP imo

Sorry, why do we need another keeper? Frank did really well when played last season so should be first choice this year plus we have other keepers as back up. We dont need anymore. I'd rather we spent the flexibility in wages on extending Baldocks contract (if he wants to sign).

Think we definitely need a keeper, FF's few decent performances doesn't convince me at all.

So the few decent performances in the few opportunities he had last season didn't impress? Surely that should be reason to give him more chances to impress further? If he looked poor in the few chances he had, then fair enough i'd agree. For me, he showed enough last season to justify being the number 1.

Think we definitely need a keeper, FF's few decent performances doesn't convince me at all. The fact Parish struggled in league 2 is quite telling..Haven't seen Richards enough to comment, but putting in young goalkeepers on the spotlight can have either a good or bad affect..

If we can get Moore, we should snap him up ASAP imo

This.

Julio Cesar might be cheap after tonight.

I thought was pretty much the only Brazil player who didn't disgrace himself last night

We don't need another keeper as things stand, but as Parish is ( as far as we know ) still available for transfer, if he left we might as well see if we can improve on what we have. I reckon if we did get someone in it would be a loan rather than a permanent

I don't think Moore is the answer, I didn't see much in him for us to be busting a gut to get him back. Not when we have 3 other keepers here already, surely 4 keepers in League One is excessive. One would have to go out on loan. Fielding had a terrible start, Parish was then over played as he clearly wasnt here to be the No1 and it showed. Didn't Fielding get injured too, but when he did get back in with an improved defence in front of him he was ok.

I don't know if Fielding, Parish and Richards are the answer but that's the situation we have found ourselves in, unless we can offload at least one we can't bring in another, and surly not Moore who wasnt much better. Maybe our keepers have worked hard in the summer and will surprise us, in a good way!

Archived