IGNORED

Letter To The Fa

As a coach I am nodding in agreement. Get your coaching badges and we then get to make it up.

What I would like to see at mini level is the coaching of kids towards national skills awards. Other sports have gradings, badges football can have gold silver bronze standards for kids to work towards. Bronze basic core skills with each foot, silver tricks and passing. gold advanced skills requiring real dedication and quality practice. This would set coaches and kids goals which improve technique, the thing English players lack. This would be backed up by a free library of tube videos demonstrating how to perform step overs. drag backs etc and drills / fun games that hone technique.

Children can be two footed by six and seven by ten and eleven they really should be. Children should be able to beat a player both sides with a variety of skills. That should be a basic national aim as it is in other Countries.

I do include Bristol City in the above. Bristol City via its community trust could provide childrens coaching on line for free. Football schools and other clubs including some in Bristol do this, City do not. It would be simple to have Jet demonstrating how to perform various skills for children.

Very good letter - echoes my thoughts about the English League exactly. I'm sick to death of TV pundits talking about the Premiership teams - especially the top 5 - as if they represent the thoughts of football fans around the country. I find it patronising that these people think I should be interested in the likes of Man U or Arsenal. 

I too think that the FA should look to Germany and how they organise their league system and amount of foreign players. They are consistently good, there must be something in the fact that most of their National team play in the domestic German league. 

Great letter only wish they'd take note & start bringing these things in, the thing that needs bringing big time is something like the 60% rule so a majority of the team has to be English. Be nice we could have the 51% fan ownership as well as believe that helps clubs survive.

There's some good points there.  However realistically I think the only way things will change is if and when the money drops out of the game at the highest level.  Ultimately, as clubs make a fortune from fans, merchandise, sales etc. they will pay huge wages and, if they pay huge wages, it will attract players from around the world.  Much as I understand the thinking behind quotas for English players, I think it would ultimately just increase the premium transfer cost on English players even more and I think the fact that English players never play abroad - which is both cultural and due to how much English players cost - is as much to do with the problems as the number of players from abroad in the league.

I think a lot of the problem is that English people, as a general rule, are too stoic and against things going against them.  See how we all calmly accept wage freezes, declining living standards, unaffordable housing and a rising gap between the income of the super-rich and the income of everyone else as proof of that.  And ss long as we all accept over-inflated football prices and still pay the money to go, clubs will continue to charge a fortune and spend a fortune to the detriment of the national game as a whole.  

My biggest hatred in English football is the Premier League. That why when it comes to the Champions league football i'm a Real Madrid fan all the way. I love it when they play English clubs. I realy hope the Englaish club gets a hiding to nothing.

Now help grass roots football please & sign this petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/66835 the more signatures we can get the better. Many thanks in advance.

My biggest hatred in English football is the Premier League. That why when it comes to the Champions league football i'm a Real Madrid fan all the way. I love it when they play English clubs. I realy hope the Englaish club gets a hiding to nothing.

Now help grass roots football please & sign this petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/66835 the more signatures we can get the better. Many thanks in advance.

Patriotism right there!

All good stuff.

Sadly, none out of the government, FA or Premier League have any incentive to change anything whilst the cash cow continues as it is.

Issues such as clubs dieing and an embarrassing national side, whilst not hindering the economy or the personal wealth of a negligable few, are of no concern to them.

The soul has long been sold.

Archived