IGNORED

Genuine Question...

cityloyal473

Indeed, quite a large area. Anything from down at the bottom of Leinster Avenue/Hartcliffe Way junction right up to Broadwalk and even beyond is all Knowle, so quite a large area!

As with any area, there are good areas and bad within it. There are some quite nice areas up towards Broadwalk and behind, and in contrast there are some truly awul areas which I would do pretty much anything to avoid!

Most of knowle in its entirety is fine. Its only a few streets that let it down.

I moved there from Thornburg. Best decision I ever made. Neighbours are much more friendly and helpful than anywhere else I have ever lived

Maxse Road is where the house in located. Not sure what part of Knowle that is?

Maxse road runs parallel with the Wells road, (on the Brislington side of the Wells road), the road runs towards Totterdown. It's not a bad area. Close to the shops,( broad walk) Tescos half a mile away, bus routes etc Victorian houses mainly.

Best Pizza restaurant in Bristol just down the Wells Rd (A Capella), funny little Moroccan byo near there - good value, good veg shop, a Co-op, Thali Cafe right down the bottom into Totterdown, can walk to & from the station, my kids used to stagger back from the centre, Broadwalk shops ok but nothing special, short walk to a couple of parks, Sanjays corner shop is really useful and I think he is a City fan, he is a nice bloke, Cheesley's pub within walking distance, good cub & brownie etc groups nearby if he has young kids.  Good place to live. Natives pretty friendly.

Pretty sure cheesley left the pub a while ago. It never looks very busy when I've gone past (I live very close) I think it's up for sale/lease at the moment, wouldn't be surprised to see it close and be redeveloped.

No Broadwalk shops aren't great but they are handy for most things, there is an Iceland, Wilkinsons, superdrug, 99p store etc inside. Just a bit further afield you have Tescos, Sainsburys, Asda, even Morrisons is only at Harcliffe. So you have a fair choice.

Quite a few schools also nearby, doctors, dentists etc.

I spent the weekend driving around Devon, Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, Seaton, Tiverton etc. Some fantastic villages, towns etc. but many of them so isolated when it comes to shops and schools, hospitals etc.

Cheesley isn't there any more is he? And the pub is a massive dive with or without him!

But it's still a perfectly fine place to live, and the Moroccan place down the road is fantastic. Been meaning to go to that A Capella for a while, nice to hear it's good!

Cheesley isn't there any more is he? And the pub is a massive dive with or without him!

But it's still a perfectly fine place to live, and the Moroccan place down the road is fantastic. Been meaning to go to that A Capella for a while, nice to hear it's good!

Not been to the Knowle for ages, used to go to the weekly quiz about 3 landlords back. Not sure that pubs are Knowle's strong point though. Banco Bar down in Totterdown is good.

A Capella is superb.  I still occasionally pick up pizzas from there even though I moved away 18 months ago.  Don't forget a salad box at the same time.

Archived