IGNORED

Player- Just Radio?

Padlad

Apparently sign up to player and get this:

exclusive news and interviews - definitely not, most is on youtube, player is hardly ever updated.

Live Audio commentary- only valuable feature

extended match highlights - true

high quality stream - yeah if it was still 1991.

Being an exile I need the radio the rest I can do to without, heard some rumblings about being able to just get radio feature for a lower price is this possible? 

Apparently sign up to player and get this:

exclusive news and interviews - definitely not, most is on youtube, player is hardly ever updated.

Live Audio commentary- only valuable feature

extended match highlights - true

high quality stream - yeah if it was still 1991.

Being an exile I need the radio the rest I can do to without, heard some rumblings about being able to just get radio feature for a lower price is this possible? 

everything on there is also on the Free youtube channel including highlights so just subscribe to that, I don't think the club "run" the player I think its part of the package the football league forced on us when they sold the rights to the 72 league clubs website,

to be fair reading the match thread on here is more entertaining then matchday commentry,

everything on there is also on the Free youtube channel including highlights so just subscribe to that, I don't think the club "run" the player I think its part of the package the football league forced on us when they sold the rights to the 72 league clubs website,

to be fair reading the match thread on here is more entertaining then matchday commentry,

Might be wrong but pretty sure match highlights and extended match highlights aren't on youtube (apart from friendlies)... The youtube channel has the goals but that is it during the season.

I also subscribe to Player purely for the highlights (which are horrendous quality and I have complained to Player several times) and the audio commentary. Unfortunately I don't think there is an alternative.

Might be wrong but pretty sure match highlights and extended match highlights aren't on youtube (apart from friendlies)... The youtube channel has the goals but that is it during the season.

I also subscribe to Player purely for the highlights (which are horrendous quality and I have complained to Player several times) and the audio commentary. Unfortunately I don't think there is an alternative.

thats fair enough but I don't think the club can do anything about it sadly, I really wish we could do all our website stuff inhouse again, our use to be one of the best years ago,

there does seem to be a move to put more on youtube as opposed to player eg. africa tour currently. By match commentary I just meant bbc bristol commentary. Just thought I heard someone from the club (maybe dave l or adam baker) say that their preferred option was to have highlights on youtube and radio as a the only paid part. 

Don't forget that its 'live' commentary is way behind events and totally unreliable.

Its main effect is that you can't get RB commentary on the iPhone app despite the fact that you can get all the other shite that RB pumps out - it's contractual :grr:

Archived