IGNORED

Caulker To Qpr?

Avalonred

QPR have agreed a fee with Cardiff, now up to Steven to decide whether he wants to play alongside Rio.

He does need to go back into the PL, is QPR a good move?

playing with rio will be a good move for him as he can learn alot (the rio of about 3 years ago was a fantastic defender i just don't like him personally), him and rio will complament each other well, I think its a good signing and isa good career move for Culks,

He could move to a better club but he may not play every week there where as he will at QPR,

The sooner he leaves Cardiff the better.  I'm still surprised Spurs didn't fancy keeping him a few years back and moulding him as a future club captain.

Be interesting to see if playing alongside Rio helps him win an England spot this season.

I was surprised Spurs let him go too, maybe going back to London he could end up back there one day, stranger things have happened. Hated seeing him at Cardiff though and to me QPR aren't much better. Superb player for us, if only...

The sooner he leaves Cardiff the better.  I'm still surprised Spurs didn't fancy keeping him a few years back and moulding him as a future club captain.

Be interesting to see if playing alongside Rio helps him win an England spot this season.

that was AVB's doing. No spurs fan i've spoken to has said that they agreed with the sale, considering his replacement Chirisus (spelling) had an pretty poor season, and with Dawson and Kaboul not exactly setting the world alight with their performances, they wanted to keep him there.

that was AVB's doing. No spurs fan i've spoken to has said that they agreed with the sale, considering his replacement Chirisus (spelling) had an pretty poor season, and with Dawson and Kaboul not exactly setting the world alight with their performances, they wanted to keep him there.

Very poor transfer business from AVB, no wonder he got the chop in the end.

But when the money is calling, the footballer will answer :)

I think it was about playing time with cardiff he knew he'd play every week there, and if he joins QPR he'd play every week there as well, at his age that is important,

at 22/23 he may have amassed over 100 games in the prem which is impressive at that age for a central defender and could benifit england in the long run,

QPR have agreed a fee with Cardiff, now up to Steven to decide whether he wants to play alongside Rio.

He does need to go back into the PL, is QPR a good move?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28365312

Personally would've liked Everton to take him, and play him alongside John Stones. Two young English Centre Backs playing in tandem, and being coached correctly by Roberto Martinez.

Now done deal. He'll learn a lot from playing alongside Rio. His only goal for us was the injury time goal in the 2-2 at Qpr wasn't it??

He scored 2 for us.

Not keen on QPR but good luck to Caulks.

Edit: His other City goal was in the 3-2 defeat against Cardiff.

Reunited with Harry, wonder if he will play him this time or loan him out to everybody again ? Harry if you want to loan him out, send him this way!

Harry was doing everything right for the lad, IMO.

Loaned him to Yeovil in L1, then us in The Championship and finally Swansea in The Prem.

Natural progression for him then AVB went and flogged him just as he was ready for the first team at Spurs!

Would love him to do well at QPR and break into the England set up. JJ will look after him.

I think so too Glyn, taking time and patience to improve his game. Says a lot about Caulkers character too being willing to go to the less glamourous clubs, I'm sure many of his peers were happy to stay put at their clubs and not play half as much. Good luck to him, he was only here for a while but I consider him one of ours.

Archived