IGNORED

Dave Kitson

glynriley

Haha no way he'd ever come here with SC in charge. See most recent secret footballer book for details

Indeed, if it was SC he was referring to then SC comes out of very badly indeed. If, if, if etc

Fits the bill I think.. Same timescale and circumstances as Portsmouth and then moving to forest.

Mind you.. Kitson seems a bit of a tool, would love to hear the other side of that incident.

Go on then chaps, enlighten us.

No more rumours about this chap  for us.

RedM will be gutted!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28419253

Aww, I'm going to miss the annual Kitson thread. He was good for Reading, one good thing Coppell did was put out a team with 3 gingers in it when he was there, didn't quite get to that level of perfection here!

I really liked Kitson back then, but when he played against us he was bloody awful, think it was for Portsmouth? He seemed past it then so surprised he managed to go on so long since.

So no Kitson, I'll continue with my quest to find a ginger for us to sign elsewhere....

Aww, I'm going to miss the annual Kitson thread. He was good for Reading, one good thing Coppell did was put out a team with 3 gingers in it when he was there, didn't quite get to that level of perfection here!

I really liked Kitson back then, but when he played against us he was bloody awful, think it was for Portsmouth? He seemed past it then so surprised he managed to go on so long since.

So no Kitson, I'll continue with my quest to find a ginger for us to sign elsewhere....

if it's the game we won 2-1 he scored and played well I thought. Remember Coterill (Pompey manager at the time) saying they had been robbed and given the way they knocked it round he had a bit of point. Of course I am getting on a bit so my recollection could be wrong.....

The Secret Footballer story goes along the lines of.....TSF'S child is taken seriously ill and he is given compassionate leave by his manager. The following week the child is out of danger and he ruturns to play. Both TSF and the team play very badly, come in at half time and get a rocket. The manager says to TSF that his child had showed more fight than him. TSF goes ballistic and has to be restrained from attacking manager.

The parts might seem to fit but I guess we'll never know until TSF comes out into the open.

if it's the game we won 2-1 he scored and played well I thought. Remember Coterill (Pompey manager at the time) saying they had been robbed and given the way they knocked it round he had a bit of point. Of course I am getting on a bit so my recollection could be wrong.....

The Secret Footballer story goes along the lines of.....TSF'S child is taken seriously ill and he is given compassionate leave by his manager. The following week the child is out of danger and he ruturns to play. Both TSF and the team play very badly, come in at half time and get a rocket. The manager says to TSF that his child had showed more fight than him. TSF goes ballistic and has to be restrained from attacking manager.

The parts might seem to fit but I guess we'll never know until TSF comes out into the open.

That's part of it, more than that in TSF book. I think though that kitson being the secret footballer is about the worst kept "secret" in football literature!

if it's the game we won 2-1 he scored and played well I thought. Remember Coterill (Pompey manager at the time) saying they had been robbed and given the way they knocked it round he had a bit of point. Of course I am getting on a bit so my recollection could be wrong......

I can't remember if that was the match, probably so unless he went on loan somewhere and played against us. I just remember being disappointed with him and thinking we had a lucky escape. I think he was full of fouling and shirt pulling, but I guess you look at an opposition player differently when he is giving our defenders a hard time.

The Secret Footballer story goes along the lines of.....TSF'S child is taken seriously ill and he is given compassionate leave by his manager. The following week the child is out of danger and he ruturns to play. Both TSF and the team play very badly, come in at half time and get a rocket. The manager says to TSF that his child had showed more fight than him. TSF goes ballistic and has to be restrained from attacking manager.

The parts might seem to fit but I guess we'll never know until TSF comes out into the open.

you could rplace Cotterill and kitson with Johnson and Sproule

Archived