IGNORED

New Atlanta Stadium

Atlanta_Red

My personal favourite NFL/MLS stadium is CenturyLink Field (Seattle Seahawks/Sounders). Capacity 67-72k, shortened to 38k for MLS.

20110820_SEAHAWKS_MINN_1060.jpg?__SQUARE

I'm starting to follow the NFL much more than the Premier League at the moment, I like the wage-cap system and it's pretty entertaining. I still follow City closely though, of course.

My personal favourite NFL/MLS stadium is CenturyLink Field (Seattle Seahawks/Sounders). Capacity 67-72k, shortened to 38k for MLS.

20110820_SEAHAWKS_MINN_1060.jpg?__SQUARE

I'm starting to follow the NFL much more than the Premier League at the moment, I like the wage-cap system and it's pretty entertaining. I still follow City closely though, of course.

I was there last year for the Seattle Sounders v Vancouver Whitecaps game.  57,000 in attendance.  Great stadium.  Football is taking off here in a big way.  I have said many times, in 10 years the MLS will be the most important league outside Europe.

I was there last year for the Seattle Sounders v Vancouver Whitecaps game.  57,000 in attendance.  Great stadium.  Football is taking off here in a big way.  I have said many times, in 10 years the MLS will be the most important league outside Europe.

Yeah, it's particularly popular in Seattle too. I'm also a Seahawks fan.

Apparently Seattle has a very similar climate to the UK and of course it's also a hot bed of music like Bristol. We should twin the cities. Sadly their teams are winners and ours aren't (yet!).

Im just a huge cheesehead really. Never had the chance to go to Lambaeu yet but will do one day. I was going to fly over for the wild card game against the 49ers back in Jan as there were tickets available (due to how they sold them) but I had only just started a new job and could not get the time off.

There is talk of the Packers coming to Wembley in the next year or two (as the away team) so there is hope I will get to see them at least but i really hove to experience Lambeau in the snow as it just looks awesome on gamepass every winter.

Am a little bit gutted that I miss them against the Dolphins in Miami by a week in October. If only I had booked my holiday for a week earlier.

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html

I'm thinking of going to the Bears game at Soldier Field, however will be there tomorrow for Liverpool V Olympiakos!

Look out there is a Bears fan on here!

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html

I'm thinking of going to the Bears game at Soldier Field, however will be there tomorrow for Liverpool V Olympiakos!

Look out there is a Bears fan on here!

The Bears at Soldier field. Now that was a night and a half.I love this film on you tube. Awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpGFZ-yKX6g 

All this whining about the Atlanta Braves moving. At least they will still be in Atlanta. Think about the Brooklyn Dodgers fans who in 1957 suddenly found they had to do a 6,000 mile round trip for home games when their beloved club was relocated from Ebbets Field

To LA. Their only consolation being that their rivals the NY Giants were relocated to San Francisco.

All the best with the new stadium. I can imagine how far such a proposal would get in Bristol when it involves knocking down two churches.

Would this be the equivalent of us having a stadium built in the actual city centre, or behind Temple Meads for example?  Perhaps we could combine a new ground with the huge music arena we are all desperate for.  Imagine how that would transform the city...

Yeah, it's particularly popular in Seattle too. I'm also a Seahawks fan.

Apparently Seattle has a very similar climate to the UK and of course it's also a hot bed of music like Bristol. We should twin the cities. Sadly their teams are winners and ours aren't (yet!).

I am actually over on Vancouver Island living in Victoria.  Two world class cities on my doorstep without the hassle of living in one of them.

Seattle for some reason, loves sports.  They get out in their thousands to watch all of the sports teams in the city.

Century field is a fantastic stadium.  Walk out of it and within 30 seconds you are in a bar.... and there are lots of them.

As for the climate, well its hotter and drier than home.  Its more like France here.  We havent had a drop of rain since the end of May.  Thats likely to continue right into late September.

Stevo

I am actually over on Vancouver Island living in Victoria.  Two world class cities on my doorstep without the hassle of living in one of them.

Seattle for some reason, loves sports.  They get out in their thousands to watch all of the sports teams in the city.

Century field is a fantastic stadium.  Walk out of it and within 30 seconds you are in a bar.... and there are lots of them.

As for the climate, well its hotter and drier than home.  Its more like France here.  We havent had a drop of rain since the end of May.  Thats likely to continue right into late September.

Stevo

You can't make us jealous this year WOW, it's been hotter than France (and Spain) for weeks back in Blighty!

Franchise. Shared stadium. Big corporate contracts with Coca-Cola, Subway and orchestrated cheerleading.

As far removed from the traditions of British football as I can imagine. I'm getting old. No thanks, with bells on.

Fear not - my perennial, under performing darlings (City and The Browns) will both come good the season...

Without pissing off the (many) NFL hating fans on here, I've got a soft spot for the Browns and I'm looking forward to seeing how Johnny Football gets on this season, he's going to play at some point I would think. Just hope he doesn't turn up against the Saints!

Stevo

I need to move :/. (BTW I don't live in Bristol either atm).

Speaking of the MLS, I was in Toronto over the weekend, and went along to Toronto FC v Sporting Kansas City. Playing in defence for Toronto was a certain Bradley Orr, although sadly Jermain Defoe missed the game through injury. Kansas City won 2-1, and the attendance was around 22k. It was interesting to read that 3 of the top 4 scorers so far in this season's MLS are English (Bradley Wright Phillips, Dom Dwyer and Jermain Defoe).

Couple of pictures below; Orr is 3rd from the left during the national anthem:

DSCN1937.jpg

DSCN1939.jpg

Red Robbo says that it has been hotter than in France and Spain back in Blighty, but this is what gets me. Judging purely from your pic I know you and the last time I seen you you were suffering from frostbite and madness in temperatures of minus 80 plus in the region of the South Pole and John Mills was looking very concerned (that you would be nominated for an Oscar instead). You've destroyed the illusion now, unless this mention of basking in a heatwave is yet another manifestation of your madness.

All this whining about the Atlanta Braves moving. At least they will still be in Atlanta. Think about the Brooklyn Dodgers fans who in 1957 suddenly found they had to do a 6,000 mile round trip for home games when their beloved club was relocated from Ebbets Field

To LA. Their only consolation being that their rivals the NY Giants were relocated to San Francisco.

All the best with the new stadium. I can imagine how far such a proposal would get in Bristol when it involves knocking down two churches.

Why? Do NIMBYs empty their dogs in churches?

Red Robbo says that it has been hotter than in France and Spain back in Blighty, but this is what gets me. Judging purely from your pic I know you and the last time I seen you you were suffering from frostbite and madness in temperatures of minus 80 plus in the region of the South Pole and John Mills was looking very concerned (that you would be nominated for an Oscar instead). You've destroyed the illusion now, unless this mention of basking in a heatwave is yet another manifestation of your madness.

Sure you know me?

Archived