IGNORED

Ee Update

Cap flinger

Further update - when they've ripped the EE down it's took all power out of the Dolman which is now being repaired.... Also pitch is not strong enough for the Rugby yet and Bristol can't play on it until 4 weeks after the 1st football match in there!! Lots to do over next few weeks!!!

They're supposed to have a friendly on it on the 17th. Guess that will be cancelled then?

First home league game for Bristol is 7th Sept.

Shame. What's the situation with flags in the Williams?

Unlikely. It's not the Eastend and until we know what is replacing the Eastend nobody can plan for the future either in terms of where to go, where to make home. However, flags are likely to be left at home for the coming season for a number of reasons.

• Admin

Just looked at the webcam. Anyone else notice they've covered up both end blocks in the upper Dolman with the black netting used to segregate fans? Anybody know why this is?

We were told there was work being done, but I wonder if it is infact more to do with limiting the number of fans in these two blocks ?

Deckchairs in the dugouts this season maybe? Just noticed there's nothing there, can't imagine they're putting in new ones right before the redevelopment?

*edit* Looks like they're moving them back into the seating area due to the slope up onto the pitch where they were.

Just looked at the webcam. Anyone else notice they've covered up both end blocks in the upper Dolman with the black netting used to segregate fans? Anybody know why this is?

Wasn't there an announcement recently about the two end blocks being closed during the refurb? I assume it was health and safety.

We were told there was work being done, but I wonder if it is infact more to do with limiting the number of fans in these two blocks ?

I'm guessing it must be linked to work being done, surely if it was just a case of restricting fans in the stand they would have closed the lower Dolman which is generally less popular than upper Dolman?

I'm guessing it must be linked to work being done, surely if it was just a case of restricting fans in the stand they would have closed the lower Dolman which is generally less popular than upper Dolman?

No, these two blocks are not available this season - due to, I'm guessing, work on the structure of the roof which is being extended to cover the revised angle of the lower dolman.

If only there had been a thread that discussed access to the Dolman etc on here recently....ideally one that got very passionate and pissed many people off for days....?   :whistle:

Not sure about the pitch though.....on the face of it, it looks awesome, but then you look at the large line going down the pitch on the Williams side - I know there's still another week until we play on it, but that doesn't look perfect yet....

Archived