IGNORED

Rolando Aarons

chipdawg

There's a kid playing on the wing for Newcastle against Schalke today called Rolando Aarons and apparently they signed him from us a couple of years ago. I'm usually ok at following youth and reserve kids, but I'd never heard of him. Looks like a very good prospect, anyone know anything about him?

I'm pleased we let him go.

Ridiculous name.  It doesn't matter how much you try to tart it up by adding an 'o' on the end, his name is Roland which conjures up memories of an idiot puppet rat from the 80s.  He'd be better off calling himself Aaron Rolands.  That sounds much better.

Never heard of him either. Was he any good?

Just scored to make it 2-0.

Think he was brought in by Kevin Scott when he was scout at the age of 12 ish, was a quality player but bad management at the academy allowed him to leave prior to scholarship time.

Question to be asked is "if he was still here would he be given the opportunity"

Think he was brought in by Kevin Scott when he was scout at the age of 12 ish, was a quality player but bad management at the academy allowed him to leave prior to scholarship time.

Question to be asked is "if he was still here would he be given the opportunity"

We still lose our best players to the bigger club. We lost Herbie Kane to Liverpool and Jacob Maddox (may be wrong on his name) to Chelsea just last year. We also could have lost Joe Morrell to Liverpool, but he and his family opted to stay at City. It's quite infuriating to be honest - MK Dons recently lost a talented player to Everton too, with barely any money in return.

The honest answer to your question is no one knows, but I'm sure a few will try to pretend they have an idea...

BTW, were you at the academy at the time yourself to witness the stated bad management?

We still lose our best players to the bigger club. We lost Herbie Kane to Liverpool and Jacob Maddox (may be wrong on his name) to Chelsea just last year. We also could have lost Joe Morrell to Liverpool, but he and his family opted to stay at City. It's quite infuriating to be honest - MK Dons recently lost a talented player to Everton too, with barely any money in return.

I wonder if it says 'Herbert' on Master Kane's birth stertisficut.  I hope it does, I hate it when kids are given abbreviated names.

So, with Rolando, we didn't offer him a deal.  Was this because we didn't rate him or do you think it was a situation similar to Liam Rosenior where we neglected to offer him a deal due to incompetence?

I can not believe that his ability was in doubt as it was clear that he was very talented.

The fact that he is now playing for Newcastle would suggest that a certain level of incompetence was evident.

Money talks, but there's more of a chance them playing first team football if they stick with us rather than go to Liverpool or Chelsea. It's a sad cycle really. Those two players will probably end up league 1/ league 2 or championship at best.

Money talks, but there's more of a chance them playing first team football if they stick with us rather than go to Liverpool or Chelsea. It's a sad cycle really. Those two players will probably end up league 1/ league 2 or championship at best.

I follow Herbie Kane on twitter - he seems to be a proper City fan and was enjoying the demise of the Gas last season like most City fans. He plays for England U17's too. I'm not sure how talented he is but it'll be incredibly tough to get into the Liverpool side so who knows, he may end up back at City one day. You can see why the young ones would want to go to the top PL clubs, it's possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity, but hopefully City continue to bring through players like Bryan and Reid and that will show youngsters that they'd have a better chance of making the first team here if they continue to work hard.

I can not believe that his ability was in doubt as it was clear that he was very talented.

The fact that he is now playing for Newcastle would suggest that a certain level of incompetence was evident.

Whichever is the case, there certainly does seem to have been incompetence.  

I follow Herbie Kane on twitter - he seems to be a proper City fan and was enjoying the demise of the Gas last season like most City fans. He plays for England U17's too. I'm not sure how talented he is but it'll be incredibly tough to get into the Liverpool side so who knows, he may end up back at City one day. You can see why the young ones would want to go to the top PL clubs, it's possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity, but hopefully City continue to bring through players like Bryan and Reid and that will show youngsters that they'd have a better chance of making the first team here if they continue to work hard.

Sorry but the cynic in me thinks young Herbert's parents may have affected the decision when they were made aware of the financial differences involved.  

It will be interesting to see how Herbert's career develops compared to Joe Morrell. Similar age and circumstances.  Different decisions.

Alain Pardeiu will never put him their first team, he's not French!

Been given a squad number of 16 and been told he will get a chance...

he's a quick left winger, sounds very promising and that Jamaica don't want another Stirling on their hands so want to cap him straight away

Ouch. TBH, I'm not smart. It just winds me up. If that makes me precious then I'm precious and proud of it.

I was only messing. It winds me up too, but given that it's a well established thread discussing a player who doesn't actually play for is and plays on the Premier League, I think that context can be applied here

Archived