IGNORED

Blades Predictations

old_eastender

Think a narrow defeat will be a good result for us!

Not a good fixture for the season opener, as we have a terrible record at Bramall Lane. A poor result will almost certainly bring out all the gloom and doom merchants on here to restore normal levels of negativity and despondency. It would good to have a reasonable start to a season for a change, to keep our spirits up on the run towards Christmas rather than starting to feel suicidal before I've even been on my summer hols! 

Sheff U have some injury concerns and I agree with cynic - I don't consider them title favourites. Their form at the tail end of last season counts for nothing now.

My gut instinct is still a narrow defeat but my heart says we can get a score draw, or maybe even better. Just covering all bases there :)

So not really on the fence , then.

We might (gut instinct) suffer a narrow defeat, might earn a score draw or, maybe even better - I don't wish to push you, but I am assuming 'a narrow win?'.

Unless it turns out to be a 0-0 draw, I suspect your prediction is going to prove spot on! :clapping:

Seriously, I understand from where you are coming and I consider a score draw or better a good result.

It's a funny thing about hoodoos they can go on for years and are passed down from team to team and player to player. I've been to grounds where we hadn't won in years and got a result Forest QPR Twerton among many others

My gut feeling with this fixture is twofold

1 we were f.......g awful there last season and those who played that day know they owe the traveling support a performance

2 we will be starting five new players, at a guess, who as of yet would not have been sucked into allowing a bad record get in their heads

As such I predict 3/1 away win

COYR

I'm going for a 2-2. The reason is it's the opening game which no one wants to lose, they'll score first proceeded by us scoring 2 before they equalize in stoppage time as they won't want to lose destroying what would been a great away day

Hard to call this, on paper our toughest match of the season out first.

Still if Fielding can play like he did at the end of last season, rather than at the start, and whoever SC picks in central defence can just do the basics rights, I'm going to be optimistic and say 1-2 City!

At least if we do lose, it should highlight where squad improvements are still needed.

and so it was!

Archived