IGNORED

Atyeo - Segregation

B-Rizzle

On the webcam I noticed that the segregation netting in the lower part of the Atyeo has been put on the 'home' side of the tunnel. Therefore away fans will be positioned right next to the tunnel and have greater 'access' to the players when they come in and out of the tunnel.

Anyone else a bit concerned about this atmosphere wise and in terms of us imposing an atmosphere on the opposition? At this rate, when a big away following is present it will be them creating a hostile atmosphere for players entering and leaving the changing rooms, not us.

Even by the tunnel where there's a gap before the netting starts?

Probably. They'll go from top to bottom of stand just like in the east end most games..  alternatively they might actually put netting on that side later on.  Remember the tunnel moves out as players come in and out stopping anyone reaching them..

On the webcam I noticed that the segregation netting in the lower part of the Atyeo has been put on the 'home' side of the tunnel. Therefore away fans will be positioned right next to the tunnel and have greater 'access' to the players when they come in and out of the tunnel.

Anyone else a bit concerned about this atmosphere wise and in terms of us imposing an atmosphere on the opposition? At this rate, when a big away following is present it will be them creating a hostile atmosphere for players entering and leaving the changing rooms, not us.

To be fair, bar 4 clubs, nobody will bring no more than a couple hundred anyway.

Probably. They'll go from top to bottom of stand just like in the east end most games..  alternatively they might actually put netting on that side later on.  Remember the tunnel moves out as players come in and out stopping anyone reaching them..

The tunnel doesn't extend onto the pitch. My kids were getting autographs from that very position last season. I think bcfcRobbo has a valid point.

To be fair, bar 4 clubs, nobody will bring no more than a couple hundred anyway.

and the ones who are doing better than expected.

Even when home supporters where next to the tunnell I wouldn't describe to atmosphere as intimidating at all. Even that gas head mug Holloway got a standing ovation.

It will be interesting to see how much segregation is necessary as in the EE there needed to be at least two block separating supporters for some mental reason. I wonder if it's the same ??? Doubt it.

Archived