IGNORED

That Feeling.....

brad blit

Has anyone else woke up this morning absolutely yearning for the day to end and Saturday 12:15 to be here? Its true that every year each fan from every club across the land has the same excitement and trepidation for the next 9months, but are we being too positive or cautious?

We have added strength in depth and could argue all 6 signings improve our team, but it still worries me that we dont have a quality 2nd goalie (I would imagine Simon Moore is now no go) and im only 'confident' with Williams and Osbourne as centre backs, although Flint is improving and I havnt seen Ayling yet - im sure many are still reserved on El Abd although im willing to give the guy a chance. The other teams that were promoted last year conceeding less than a goal a game so we need to improve our defence by about 50%, is that possible considering Little probably offers more as attacking threat and Ayling is more of a versatile defensive player than a direct centre back. I think alot will come down to Korey Smith breaking down play where he was brilliant for Oldham's  last 10 games ( I think they only conceeded 4 goals?) when he played just in front of back 4.

So predictions, I cant see us being in the Top 2 because I think we are currently 2-3 signings off a good team (centre back, GK and Baldock backup) so unless this is addressed in the next month il say we'll start the season reasonably well hoovering around mid table and have a good push 2nd half of season (after 2nd transfer window and new players gel) to get us in the play-offs. I think that means im being cautious considering the bookies have us 3rd favourite to win league....

1 Preston

2 Sheff Utd

3 Leyton Orient

4 Barnsley (my outside bet)

5 Bristol City

6 Posh

Archived