IGNORED

Match Day Thread Blades Vs City

Crackers Corner

Most important thing is to see how we approach the game, that will tell us more about our upcoming season than any result. If we are playing direct rubbish then it could be a painful year, if we play aggressive, attacking football with pace and fluidity then we'll be ok.

We haven't in pre season so I doubt if that will be the case.

I'd take a draw, but is more about how we line-up/play for me than the result.

With three home games inside the next two weeks after this, today is more a case of making sure the team are positive and know their jobs, rather than getting maximum points.

If Osbourne is fit I expect him to start, with Flint and Ayling as a back 3. With Little and Cunningham as wing backs, Freeman, Smith and Ward in the centre, with JET in front of them and Sam up front. At the moment that looks as good as we are, I expect us to score, but no idea how many we going to let in... But wishful thinking, a 2-1 win or a 1-1 draw.

If El Abd is playing then no hope of a clean sheet... seasonal scape goat installed :-)

I guess we need to perform more than anything and look like we have potential irrespective of the score.

Ward?!

If Osbourne is fit I expect him to start, with Flint and Ayling as a back 3. With Little and Cunningham as wing backs, Freeman, Smith and Ward in the centre, with JET in front of them and Sam up front. At the moment that looks as good as we are, I expect us to score, but no idea how many we going to let in... But wishful thinking, a 2-1 win or a 1-1 draw. 

If El Abd is playing then no hope of a clean sheet... seasonal scape goat installed :-) 

I guess we need to perform more than anything and look like we have potential irrespective of the score. 

Williams will be in. Ayling wont start as not at the fitness levels of everyone else. If Osborne is fit then either El Abd or Flint will miss out. The rest I completely agree with. On previous form at BL we have no hope but who knows, maybe this time eh ?    

Fielding

Little

Osbourne

Flint

Williams

Elliott

Smith

Freeman

Wilbraham

Baldock.

I cant see JET starting this game.

Subs

Richards

El Abd

Ayling

Burns

Pack

JET

Bryan

I cant even fit Waggy in! Cotterill certainly has strength and depth. GK just my only worry.

I sure hope Cotterill picks 11 plays rather than 10...

Maybe Cunningham might have a look-in in his team  ;)

Fielding

Little

Osbourne

Flint

Williams

Elliott

Smith

Freeman

Wilbraham

Baldock.

I cant see JET starting this game.

Subs

Richards

El Abd

Ayling

Burns

Pack

JET

Bryan

I cant even fit Waggy in! Cotterill certainly has strength and depth. GK just my only worry.

I'll be disappointed if Wilbraham starts ahead of JET.

All these line ups without Williams but including Osborne confuse me; the latter hasn't played in the last several preseason games, while the former has played in pretty much every single one.

Can see it more likely Osborne playing against Oxford tuesday night.

And be it Wilbraham or JET starting, just pleased that Baldock is still here...

Archived