IGNORED

Fielding / New Gk

B-Rizzle

Bit shaky in the first half but made some great saves second half and grew into the game a bit as he settled.

Interestingly Cotts claimed that FF has always been his number 1. Not sure that's entirely true before it became clear that we wouldn't be able to get Simon Moore back in on loan.

Either way, I interpret this as Cotts saying that FF will be our #1. I still expect us to sign another GK to push him but I think it will be to do just that. Don't expect we'll spend much money or get someone really good in. I expect we're more likely to get another loan keeper to be a solid #2.

What did everyone else make of SC's comments about FF?

One VERY shaky moment with the punch, but other than that a great fingertip save in the first half, followed by a couple of excellent saves in the second, he definitely grew into the game and ended up playing an important part in our first victory at Bramall Lane since 1957.. can't criticise that!! Be interesting to see the position after ten games, with a back up keeper coming in

I wonder if he's the type of keeper that would benefit from the manager telling him he'll be number 1 and getting a really good run in the team.

To be fair to him his time at us has been very bitty and uncertain and that must have given his confidence a knock.

Made some great saves. As such he contributed to the win as much as anyone.

For sure, things to work on, but a plus one for him today.

What's all this "for sure " business ?

British people don't say it.

Definately,surely,evidently,obviously are all applicable in this case the "for sure " brigade sound like German,Scandanavian or Dutch footballers.You've all been watching too much Sky !

Sorry rant over .

:igiveup:

P.s It's like Schteve McLaren's dutch interviews ,completely ridiculous.

Sorry again,rant definately over .

Did i say it erks me when British people say "for sure" ?

Definately,surely,evidently,obviously are all applicable in this case the "for sure " brigade sound like German,Scandanavian or Dutch footballers.You've all been watching too much Sky !

Sorry rant over .

You can talk! You've told us you live in France. Sur la pont d'avignon, mow de lawn etc.

He's good enough for us to be first choice, I agree with SC.

SC will always back his first choice players (like Baldock) and give them plenty of encouragement.

Doesn't mean the club still aren't looking for another senior goalie.

I have noticed that when SC is talking about a player, the attitude is always included.

For SC, the attitude is prominent and allows him to trust the right players. Capability is obviously a factor and FF has it!

He put in some very decent performances at the tail end of last season, and other than that one punch and some bad kicking in the first half, he was solid.

But then I thought Sheffield United's keeper wasn't exactly great; very weak hand on that Wilbraham header (though that was partially thanks to it being a good header), and his kicking wasn't anything to write home about.

Plus, when passing out at the start we looked pretty good, and in control; there are teams in this division less organised than Sheffield United who'll find that hard to play against.

Sorry rant over .

P.s It's like Schteve McLaren's dutch interviews ,completely ridiculous.

Sorry again,rant definately over .

Did i say it erks me when British people say "for sure" ?

Bad spelling and bad grammar irk me.

Bit shaky in the first half but made some great saves second half and grew into the game a bit as he settled.

Interestingly Cotts claimed that FF has always been his number 1. Not sure that's entirely true before it became clear that we wouldn't be able to get Simon Moore back in on loan.

Either way, I interpret this as Cotts saying that FF will be our #1. I still expect us to sign another GK to push him but I think it will be to do just that. Don't expect we'll spend much money or get someone really good in. I expect we're more likely to get another loan keeper to be a solid #2.

What did everyone else make of SC's comments about FF?

All depending on what fee they want, I'd try and sign Bobby Olejnik from Peterborough - they've told him he can leave as if he plays anymore they'll have to pay a fee to Torquay and also they can't afford his wages - great keeper, was their player of the season 2013/14.

Archived