IGNORED

Who Excited You The Most?

Fordy62

You may only choose one and the list is not exhaustive...

Flint - looked like a new player.

Elliott - ran the show.

Smith - broke up play nicely.

Wilbraham - looked a clever and hard working player.

Little - marauded dangerously.

Exciting times indeed, but of all the players on show, who did it for you the most?

Although I'd say that Flint and Wilbraham had the better games, Mark Little really did it for me. He looks a prospect and a half.

Little. He showed the same power & determination in pre season & really glad it continued. He never gives up & there's an end result.

Pleased for Flint, he put a lot of work in, in the summer & that looks to have paid off.... Composed on the ball which was lacking sometimes before he got injured. With Osbourne back it  looks decent.

I knew Flint would be suited by that sort of game

From last season I was aware of what Elliot is capable of

Wilbraham surprised me with his hold up/ link play

But for me Little stood out the most, great in the air, fantastic going forward and defending, loads of pace and really looked dangerous.

Comparing Moloney to Little........worlds apart!

I was collectively excited actually. I thought we looked a bit undercooked to be honest, but we still dominated most of the game and some of our attacking play was sublime. Wilbraham was significantly more talented than expected and Elliot was as good as we've come to expect. I don't particularly get the Little-love-in; he had a decent game going forward but there are definitely defensive frailties and I don't think he looked 100% fit.

To be honest, it was the hints of things to come that excited me most. Korey Smith looked better and better as the game went on, Freeman showed flashes of being at least a division better off and the aforementioned Little affected the game whilst looking short of full fitness. What excites me most is how much better this team can get

Flint was immense for most of the things he did yesterday.  But, watching the game from the high altitude of the away end, I kept thinking Wilbrahim brought something to us that we haven't seen for a long time............... a forward who wins around 70% of aerial balls coming his way.  His understanding with Baldock was excellent and I'm chuffed that we have that in our armoury now.

An observation though, when JET came on he looked as salmon-like as me when challenging a defender on a 50/50 header........... and I'm a tub of lard!  Just frustrates me that with his build JET doesn't appear to have much confidence to get daylight under his boots.  If he could just work on that, I'm sure that a shedful of defenders would start thinking twice about going into aerial challenges with him and our outlets would have one more bullet.  Come on son, might be worth thinking about?

Apologies if I'm not exactly answering the original question in the way it was intended but for me yesterday was more about an excellent team performance rather than specific individuals.

Yes, Flint and Wilbraham both had superb games, but as a team I thought we just looked a very strong and confident team and that excites me.

The other thing was how well we played in the 2nd half after losing control of the game in the last 20-25 mins of the first half.

Clearly at half time Cotterill made one or two minor tactical adjustments and, other than the final 10 mins, they never really caused us any problems at all and we were the better side and in complete control.

That means: 1) Cotterill can read a game and knows what is required and can change it,  and 2) The players understand what they are being told to do.

That also excites me.

Overall, I'm just quite excited.

A long way to go though.

Elliott all day long. The midfielder we have missed since Hartley. Ran midfield made sure others knew what their role was and ran around with the energy of a 19 year old.

This is the bloke who we will miss the most if out of the team. A Class above.

Wilbraham gave the performance I expected. Seen him play numerous time. Very very good player at this level. Never understood the derision when he signed.

Little quick athletic causes problems but I am worried defensively. Let's hope his pace gets him out of problems, as positionally he looked suspect.

The OAF looked good. And no mistakes. Even when playing well you expect a mistake from Flint, so a big thumbs up for a job well done yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing more of Smith, grew into the game and did the stuff that goes unnoticed but is appreciated well.

My slant on the proceedings, it was a pleasure to attend an away game and see the TEAM play as a TEAM, .....as for a favourite i think Flint shone yesterday, he saved the day on many occasions so that would be my shout, but more importantly was the look on everones faces at the final whistle, they looked like it really meant sooooooo much....aint seen one of our teams looking together like that in many a year...the future looks promising

Flint - Quality, everything I hoped he'd be when he signed. Keeps playing like that and it'll be Nosworthy who?

Elliott - Dictated the play as usual. For all the new players getting him permanently was our best bit of business.

Smith - Started sloppily losing the ball a lot in dangerous areas but really grew into it 2nd half. What impressed me the most was how quickly he got across to cover his wing back when they switched the play; he covered the ground and closed off the space so well.

Wilbraham - He excited me the most because he was so much better than I expected. It wasn't just that he won everything but invariably he laid it off perfectly for a teammate. And boy he can head a ball!

Little - Delighted when we signed him as he always stood out against us for Peterborough. Great to have abit of pace and power down the wings again, we've badly missed that since Adomah.

All in all, very exciting indeed! Fingers crossed this isn't a false dawn and we could be in for a fun season

I thought Little was tremendous and will improve with more games.

impressed with Smith he could be everything we've missed since er . .Nick Carle? I.e a proper midfielder.

Flint had his best game.

Freeman is quality and Wilbs was very clever and mixed things up.

Ayling will need a bit of time to bed in but the overall performance of the team really fills me with optimism.

Flint had a very dodgy clearance around the time of Fielding's clown antics  (which started the bad 20 minutes period)  BUT both him and Fielding overcome this and really shown as the game progressed. 

Little for me looks very good, I love the way that he gets forward without any fear.

Ayling looked very good in the air on the whole.

Overall....they all excite me and thats a good thing.

I thought Little was tremendous and will improve with more games.

impressed with Smith he could be everything we've missed since er . .Nick Carle? I.e a proper midfielder.

Flint had his best game.

Freeman is quality and Wilbs was very clever and mixed things up.

Ayling will need a bit of time to bed in but the overall performance of the team really fills me with optimism.

Who the **** is Nick Carle. (Sorry) One too many glasses of wine.

Elliott all day long. The midfielder we have missed since Hartley. Ran midfield made sure others knew what their role was and ran around with the energy of a 19 year old.

This is the bloke who we will miss the most if out of the team. A Class above.

Streets ahead of Hartley.  He is the new Gary Shelton.............

You are spot on, we will miss him badly when he is out.  I wonder if he will start on Tuesday?

Streets ahead of Hartley.  He is the new Gary Shelton.............

You are spot on, we will miss him badly when he is out.  I wonder if he will start on Tuesday?

Aye, if he is half as good as Shelton I will be very very happy.  First time in a long time we have had a real goal threat from the centre of midfield as well.  Astute bit of business getting him back

Archived