IGNORED

Oxford Game

Ray White

Yes I know it's only the League cup but where should I sit if I want a bit of atmosphere? Is anyone going to try out the new singing bit in the Williams or will it be B block Dolman?? Hopefully after our fine performance on Saturday a few hundred more might turn out for the first home game of the season. The only downside is if the weather forecast is correct for Tuesday evening its going to piss it down.

I wonder what time I should get there to

Collect my ticket, then

Get in to the Dolman

:unsure:

Yes I can imagine the responses on here now if people turn up with ten minutes to spare and it's torrential rain!! :rain: Best take one of these with you...if an umbrella isn't classed as a dangerous article and therefore not allowed in?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-boss-Steve-Cotterill-promoses/story-22299549-detail/story.html

Cotts says there will be changes for tuesday, I do like his comment "I don't think we'll win the captial one cup so it gives me a chance to look at the fringe players"

Thats not the attitude Cotts!!! I've already booked my train and hotel for the final! COYR!!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-boss-Steve-Cotterill-promoses/story-22299549-detail/story.html

Cotts says there will be changes for tuesday, I do like his comment "I don't think we'll win the captial one cup so it gives me a chance to look at the fringe players"

Hum ,does this mean we'll field our strongest eleven in the Johnsons Painted Van trophy ?

I don't like it when managers say this it gives the players a psychological message to play at less than a 100% knowing that the boss is n't that bothered.

It's also insulting to the fans who pay to watch.

Unless it's a cunning ruse !

Hum ,does this mean we'll field our strongest eleven in the Johnsons Painted Van trophy ?

I don't like it when managers say this it gives the players a psychological message to play at less than a 100% knowing that the boss is n't that bothered.

to be fair we had a pretty strong bench on saturday so if he makes 6 changes its still a strong side,

We've got osborne el abd Bryan Pack Reid (who didn't even make the squad) Burns Jet all to come in, I expect Burns and wagstaff to get a game and maybe even morrel

It's a squad game though, even resting some of the players from the weekend doesn't mean the team will be weakened significantly.  We have plenty of talent looking for a longer run out - such as Wagstaff, Bryan, Reid, and Jet for example.

The point i wanted to make was ,why say that it's less important ?

He could have said "we are n't expected to win the cup but i would like the opportunity to advance and perhaps get a big club down at the Gate.

It is also an excellent way for squad players to force their way into the reckoning for a first team place"

It's only packaging but it subtlely changes the value of these matches.

Or

He could say the cup is an unnecessary distraction from the main objective which is to get promoted but that is also not very motivating !

The point i wanted to make was ,why say that it's less important ?

He could have said "we are n't expected to win the cup but i would like the opportunity to advance and perhaps get a big club down at the Gate.

It is also an excellent way for squad players to force their way into the reckoning for a first team place"

It's only packaging but it subtlely changes the value of these matches.

Or

He could say the cup is an unnecessary distraction from the main objective which is to get promoted but that is also not very motivating !

its a quote taken from the post to be fair so its prob just made up anyway,

Yes I can imagine the responses on here now if people turn up with ten minutes to spare and it's torrential rain!! :rain: Best take one of these with you...if an umbrella isn't classed as a dangerous article and therefore not allowed in?

Under FIFA rules it is classed as a dangerous item,  but i don't know if this applies in the Football league?

If sod had said " I don't think we'll win the cup so I'll play the fringe players " I think their might just have been a few teansie weansi comments about it on here, may be even a few suggestions t hat the manager was being a bit negative, but hey, this is good old cotts so it's ok.

I we were playing crap and bottom of the league with one of the best squads in the league then maybe the reaction would be different

I we were playing crap and bottom of the league with one of the best squads in the league then maybe the reaction would be different

Noooo....... you have forgotten that Mr Cotterill is a terrible manager, only plays hoof ball and never will be accepted by certain posters on here regardless of what he does....... 

Not sure JET, Bryan, Reid, Pack etc will be too happy to find out they are now fringe players! I'm not offended by it but never encouraged to hear manager's talk down the importance of games - we may not win it but we could get to a quarter or draw a big side and get a pay day...

Not sure JET, Bryan, Reid, Pack etc will be too happy to find out they are now fringe players! I'm not offended by it but never encouraged to hear manager's talk down the importance of games - we may not win it but we could get to a quarter or draw a big side and get a pay day...

All the players who were on the bench with the possible exception of Richards could do with game time, as could Osbourne and Reid.

I would prefer that Wade was wrapped in cotton wool because I think he may possibly be THE player for us this season.

Likewise Wilbraham.

SC has said that Fielding will play and a 4-4-2 of

Fielding

Ayling El Abd. Osbourne. Cunningham

Wagstaff Pack. Reid. Bryan

JET. Burns

Is not a bad team.

you know thats not what I meant, but we have strength and depth in midfield now so its going to be hard to let them all play all the time, but it gives players not involved saturday a chance to impress,

Reid is the one who is going to have to work the hardest for me as he will be behind elliot smith and pack in the pecking order

All the players who were on the bench with the possible exception of Richards could do with game time, as could Osbourne and Reid.

I would prefer that Wade was wrapped in cotton wool because I think he may possibly be THE player for us this season.

Likewise Wilbraham.

SC has said that Fielding will play and a 4-4-2 of

Fielding

Ayling El Abd. Osbourne. Cunningham

Wagstaff Pack. Reid. Bryan

JET. Burns

Is not a bad team.

Yep, I hope we don't put that team out for the JPT - we might get through.  :blink:

I do doubt we'll see as many as 8 changes tomorrow though.

Yep, I hope we don't put that team out for the JPT - we might get through.  :blink:

I do doubt we'll see as many as 8 changes tomorrow though.

we'll stick with a 3-5-2 imo,

Fielding

Ayling Osborne El Abd

Wagstaff Reid Smith Pack Bryan

JeT Baldock

Archived