IGNORED

Just Drove Past Bar Bs3

Posset red

As PhilC said, it had scaffolding on the front and had a the external refurb/rename at this time. It always was the Rising Sun before becoming BS3 Bar.

Not sure if the inside needed that much of an update.

Rising Sun was the original name for it. Used to a right sloppy affair in there but thankfully when it was refurbished about 8 years rebranded BS3 it seemed to give it a new lease of life.

Wash your mouth out young'un. 'The Sun' was once one of the finest establishments around and had not only had a top rank skittle alley (true and fair) but also hosted Bristol's finest Bagatelle table. I should know as my late uncle contested (Joe Davis style) the Bristol championship on many an occasion and his name adorned a plaque on the public bar. It was also ****il the late 80's) where you'd find many a player, post training, gifting their money back to Caddy the bookie. Place went down hill once the curly haired landlord departed.

• Admin

Wash your mouth out young'un. 'The Sun' was once one of the finest establishments around and had not only had a top rank skittle alley (true and fair) but also hosted Bristol's finest Bagatelle table. I should know as my late uncle contested (Joe Davis style) the Bristol championship on many an occasion and his name adorned a plaque on the public bar. It was also (until the late 80's) where you'd find many a player, post training, gifting their money back to Caddy the bookie. Place went down hill once the curly haired landlord departed.

I seem to recall at one time, one of the Landlords had a daughter who was model, appeared on page 3 IIRC.

I seem to recall at one time, one of the Landlords had a daughter who was model, appeared on page 3 IIRC.

That was the Bentley's daughter......can't remember her name, but her brother was Michael. They lived in our street before they went into the pub trade.

I think it is fair that the Riser as good a football pub it was really needed sprucing up and Rob did a great job in that.

Will be interested to see how the latest changes look

Cheers a Mark!

I like the new things that have been added out the back for this season. Worth the investment with the Rugby at The Gate as well.

The Pieminister stall at the front is a good addition too!

Archived