IGNORED

4 Years Today

Dastardly and Muttley

Today marks the fourth anniversary of one of the more surprising events during my twenty plus years of supporting City: The walk out of Steve Coppell.

Prior to the season, we were so excited. A "big-name" manager had arrived and we were surely destined for a promotion push.

It's crazy to think what has gone on in the years since then and how different our footballing future looks now. Although we're in a lower division, I genuinely feel our long term future is brighter now than it was during the Coppell months.

We have a plan as a club and aren't lumbered with expensive, big name players.

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go forwards and I believe our club has now, finally, done that.

That was the start of these last 4 depressing years, didnt think it would last this long. Every manager we have had ever since apart from Millen everyone has wanted in, now Cotterill most didnt and he has produced the best so far.

Pretty much spot on there. Wasn't for SC at all, but the bloke has done a terrific job at the back end of last season and the signings this summer have all made sense

Now for the difficult part....!

I will play devils advocate with this one, I'd love to know Steve Coppell's side of it. I know for a fact he was very unhappy during that pre season. What really did go on back then.

I think we'd all like to know! Obvious that the David James signing was part of the problem

To be fair to Coppell, the fact the truth hasn't come out and he hasn't slagged us off (that I'm aware of) is a credit to him, same to SL. Would've been easy to tear each other apart in the media

I will play devils advocate with this one, I'd love to know Steve Coppell's side of it. I know for a fact he was very unhappy during that pre season. What really did go on back then.

Me too, to say it was odd is an understatement!

Also does anyone know if SOD is even still alive? Havent seen him or heard of him since he got the sack at City, he has just vanished.

Also does anyone know if SOD is even still alive? Havent seen him or heard of him since he got the sack at City, he has just vanished.

I forget who it was, but the co presenter on talksport with Max Rushden on Sunday morning, suggested SOD as a replacement for Robins at Huddersfield

The silence was deafening

I forget who it was, but the co presenter on talksport with Max Rushden on Sunday morning, suggested SOD as a replacement for Robins at Huddersfield

The silence was deafening

Think he will struggle at any Championship side now if I am honest. Would be a fantastic manager if he put his philosophy into practice, we were playing the worst football since Pulis.

Think he will struggle at any Championship side now if I am honest. Would be a fantastic manager if he put his philosophy into practice, we were playing the worst football since Pulis.

I think he will struggle anywhere. The bloke seemed to fall out of love with the game during his short stay here, just a complete lethargic mess. To be fair, he made me feel the same 

He's chief PRO for... Now, who is it? It's on the tip of my tongue...

Archived