IGNORED

Getting Into The Dolman With No Ticket

Drew Peacock

How do you get into the Dolman stand with no ticket?

It must be possible because when I went for a pee before the game in the DEH toilets I was asked to show my ticket.  If the only way into the Dolman was via the turnstiles, then they wouldn't need to check you have a ticket before letting you in to go to the toilet, because you would have shown it at the turnstile.

A couple of women must have found this way in because they weren't allowed in to use the toilet; then they used that old chestnut that they had left their tickets with their husbands back in the seats!

• Admin

How do you get into the Dolman stand with no ticket?

It must be possible because when I went for a pee before the game in the DEH toilets I was asked to show my ticket.  If the only way into the Dolman was via the turnstiles, then they wouldn't need to check you have a ticket before letting you in to go to the toilet, because you would have shown it at the turnstile.

A couple of women must have found this way in because they weren't allowed in to use the toilet; then they used that old chestnut that they had left their tickets with their husbands back in the seats!

I hate to say but this is the usual lack of communication at the club again.

As detailed by David Lloyd previously you could enter the ground via the turnstile and use the DEH, as it will ONLY be Dolman ticket holders that are able to use the DEH stand this season

Is the DEH open to all or is it just ST holders still?

If it's ST only, then I can see why they need a further check at the entrance.

On the other hand it would make sense to open it to all that have gone through the turnstile to make up for the drop in numbers from other areas of the ground losing their access. Also means nobody needs to be employed to check tickets on the door.

• Admin

Is the DEH open to all or is it just ST holders still?

If it's ST only, then I can see why they need a further check at the entrance.

On the other hand it would make sense to open it to all that have gone through the turnstile to make up for the drop in numbers from other areas of the ground losing their access. Also means nobody needs to be employed to check tickets on the door.

Taken from http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=31&t=163874&qpid=2064070

As a result of consultation with supporters we've had another look at this.

For a trial period, admission to the Dolman Exhibition Hall (DEH)  will be for Dolman stand ticket holders (ST and matchday) only.

Dolman ticket holders will be able to access the DEH via the turnstiles from 12 noon on a Saturday and then go into the DEH. There will be no admission to the rest of the stand until 1.30. As before, access to the DEH will be limited according to it's allowed capacity under the terms of the safety certificate. (Currently 1100, but this could change as the building work progresses).

Once you are in the DEH, you will now be able to access the main stand before kick off via the corridor by the toilets at the Atyeo end. We are also putting in a door through to the stand at the other end of the DEH to allow access to the stand at the southern end, but it's possible this won't be done by the first game.  As you will already have come in through a turnstile, there will be no need to show any pass or ticket. This will do away with the need to leave the DEH through the rear door and come back in through the turnstiles. This will help to ease congestion at the turnstiles in the key half hour period before kick off.

You will still be able to go out for a smoke if necessary through the doors at the rear, but there will be no general access to the DEH through the rear doors.

Unfortunately this means that Williams and Atyeo ticket holders will no longer be able to use the DEH before the game. We do apologise for the inconvenience this may cause some supporters. Our general advice to supporters in the Dolman stand remains to get there as early as you can.

As before, we ask you for your patience and understanding over the next two years. There will be lots of changes that will present problems for all of us, and we will continue to do our best to work with fans to find the best solution for the most number of people.

This information will be sent out to all supporters in the next week.

In which case having someone at the entrance to the DEH corridor was both superfluous and ridiculous. Especially considering this line from the announcement...

"As you will already have come in through a turnstile, there will be no need to show any pass or ticket"

I asked whether Rentathug would be fully informed about the new arrangements and I was mocked.

If we do have to use hired morons, they should at least be educated, possibly with the use of large mallets.

I think large mallets would bounce off them.  I was going to go and argue on the ladies behalf (being a gent) but decided I ran the risk of being turfed out entirely so didn't (being a coward).  You do wonder about it all sometimes.

DaveL, any chance this can be rectified for Saturday - when it will be a lot busier?

In which case having someone at the entrance to the DEH corridor was both superfluous and ridiculous. Especially considering this line from the announcement...

"As you will already have come in through a turnstile, there will be no need to show any pass or ticket"

To check tickets - yes I agree nobody should need to ask to see your ticket given that you have had to go through the turnstiles (which must guarantee segregation between stands if I recall the discussion about reduced turnstile quantities). But I expect there is still some need to have people on the door to avoid over-occupancy.

I think this was an isolated incident, but it shouldn't have happened. Stewards will be reminded that tickets don't need to be shown again once people have come through the turnstiles. We do need to keep a check on numbers going in and out of the DEH though, but this shouldn't require tickets to be shown.

I think this was an isolated incident, but it shouldn't have happened. Stewards will be reminded that tickets don't need to be shown again once people have come through the turnstiles. We do need to keep a check on numbers going in and out of the DEH though, but this shouldn't require tickets to be shown.

Isolated?  There are only two entrances and he was asking for everyone's tickets as I went in and then came out.

So it won't happen again? Or will Rentathug go

Its own sweet way as it did with the double checking of EE tickets?

Archived