IGNORED

Huge Unemployment Coming?

Welcome To The Jungle

while it will effect jobs in one industry it would also create jobs in another, people are still going to be needed to build, maintain and service these machines,

Its progress, if progress didn't happen we'd still be working down t' pit or down t' mill,

Sorry I got to about 45 seconds of that video and wanted to kill myself.

The Americans do like to elaborate on bullshit like that so much. All monotone and bla bla bla....

I got as far as the agricultural chart and that was it.

It's worth considering the amount of DIFFERENT jobs that are created in various industries - keep with the times. Give it another 10 years and many popular jobs a decade later are not yet created.

Same if you go back 10 years from now.

The pint is half full on this one, in my boat  :mf_sleep:

I think robots will never replace the creative (journo's, artists etc) or 'people's' jobs (care, nursing etc) but will have a devastating impact on white collar jobs and even doctors, teachers etc.

I think it is very worrying as they did after the closing of mines/pits etc as well as advancement of machinery in the industrial revolution when machines were sabotaged by former employees.

Having said that, this'll take decades to fully come about and the other good news is that a lot of the tax currently amassed will still be amassed only from fewer contributors, namely the huge industries. I'm kinda hoping we can all live semi-retired lives but with the same perks that the state provides now.

It's (another) new world on the horizon an it would be naive to think that 100 years from now, it won't be as different as it was 100 years ago.

Archived