IGNORED

Away Fans, Your Exactly Right Steve

coxyboy

Good interview on Iplayer today regarding away fans in Ayteo Stand from Cotts. Dead right in the fact the away fans will be by the tunnel, and will be vocal as they come out and at half time, and gee there team up. I really cant understand why we did shove them in the Williams/ Grandstand at the very end just by away section. They could come in and out as per normal and there out the blood way!!! Some brainless **** again and clear the Manager was not consulted.

Good interview on Iplayer today regarding away fans in Ayteo Stand from Cotts. Dead right in the fact the away fans will be by the tunnel, and will be vocal as they come out and at half time, and gee there team up. I really cant understand why we did shove them in the Williams/ Grandstand at the very end just by away section. They could come in and out as per normal and there out the blood way!!! Some brainless **** again and clear the Manager was not consulted.

Do you know the lay out of the Williams?.

There are 3 set of toilets, 2 at lower level (1 at each end), 1 for the prawn sandwich brigade at the top.   There are 2 food kiosks, 1 at each end of the lower tier.

There is no way in this world that away fans could be placed in any part of the Williams.

And one final thought, Oxford brought 512 and were loud, while the Atyeo usually has around 3000 in and is usually pretty much silent.   As I've said before, it's the mentality of the fans that makes an atmosphere....not the design of the stand.

They only have half of the stand this year, dont they get the whole stand when the EE is finished?

With the atyeo holding 4200 I doubt the whole of it would be given to away fans even when the capacity is 27k! Saying that once we have the new stands built I doubt home fans will sit in the atyeo unless games are sellouts (we will see if we have a' new stadium' factor' in our redeveloped gate then)

Does the tunnel not in practice form part of the segregation? That is certainly what the webcam seems to show. Admittedly on the city fans side of the tunnel there is some netting but its not a great amount.

Plus in practice many clubs in this league will struggle to sell out their allocation but our part of the atyeo will be sold out/almost full with the coming Colchester game being an example of this. In such circumstances I am sure I read that the home portion of the atyeo could be increased in size subject to away fan take up, in which case we would presumably have more of a presence around the tunnel.

Do you know the lay out of the Williams?.

There are 3 set of toilets, 2 at lower level (1 at each end), 1 for the prawn sandwich brigade at the top.   There are 2 food kiosks, 1 at each end of the lower tier.

There is no way in this world that away fans could be placed in any part of the Williams.

And one final thought, Oxford brought 512 and were loud, while the Atyeo usually has around 3000 in and is usually pretty much silent.   As I've said before, it's the mentality of the fans that makes an atmosphere....not the design of the stand.

This.  It's down to the fact that we wouldn't get a safety certificate to house them in the Williams.  This has already been discussed and confirmed....many many times!

With the atyeo holding 4200 I doubt the whole of it would be given to away fans even when the capacity is 27k! Saying that once we have the new stands built I doubt home fans will sit in the atyeo unless games are sellouts (we will see if we have a' new stadium' factor' in our redeveloped gate then)

Already been confirmed that when the new East End is opened, the entire Atyeo is to be given to away fans.  It may, on the very rare occasions that we sell our 23,000 allocation in the other three stands, be opened up to home fans as overspill only.  Realistically we will only use the Atyeo as a home end once in a red moon.

Archived