IGNORED

Swindon

EmersonsKev

No last season we sold 4500 tickets.

Bristol is a bigger catchment area than Swindon, for the size of the City you should be getting 30,000 + crowds.

remember there is a team that play in blue and white, who claim to be in bristol, so theres 2 teams.............so you say in theory we should be getting 15000 - well we did for the second half of last season!

I meant for the size of the City you should have a bigger support thats all cos Bristol is a very big city. Our average gate was 8,500 last season, knocked down somewhat by our poor gates at the start of the season. From october/november we hardly ever got below 7,500 - 8,000.

Against you we had 14,540

Against Plymouth we had 9,700

Against Brighton we had 9,500 and 14,000 in playoff match

Against Hartlepool we had 10,500

Against Sheff Wed we had 10,500

I meant for the size of the City you should have a bigger support thats all cos Bristol is a very big city. Our average gate was 8,500 last season, knocked down somewhat by our poor gates at the start of the season. From october/november we hardly ever got below 7,500 - 8,000.

Against you we had 14,540

Against Plymouth we had 9,700

Against Brighton we had 9,500 and 14,000 in playoff match

Against Hartlepool we had 10,500

Against Sheff Wed we had 10,500

now that is impressive, you broke the 10000 mark 4 times.......well done

by the way we had higher than 10000 in nearly all, if not all our home games

Guest North Street
No last season we sold 4500 tickets.

Bristol is a bigger catchment area than Swindon, for the size of the City you should be getting 30,000 + crowds.

Is Bristol really a larger catchment area than Swindon which is the only professsioal club in Wiltshire.So that gives Swindon a potential catchment area of Devizes, Melksham, Westbury,Trowbridge,Bradford on Avon, Chipppenham, Calne, Malmesbury, Wooten Bassett plus of course Swindon.Salisbury which is probably closer to Pompey i will leave out.So this cider mathmetician reckons STFC should be getting 30,000 +, your support is pants! As pointed out before you do have one Mother of a roundabout!

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

so Ralphy what your saying is ... whan an away team bring a half decent away following ie: the teams you mention , you get over 10 , 000 ... exactly .. all depends on the away fans for you !

We hit 10,000 every week no matter who we play , i belive Tranmere were the only team we didnt get 10,000 for and that was a mid-weeker in our defence

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

True it was quite full , but there was a huge majority of City fans in the home ends, including myself .......

Just as many fans jumped up in " The Arkells" when City scored as did Swindon ......

You need to be playing a good away team with good support to get the Council ground anywhere near full

City have a bigger attendence, so what? What difference does it make between the 2 clubs? None... As far as I'm concerned is that for us we are on the up. Well done that you have more fans than us. And Ralphy, dude, there's no point in fighting in this debate because we get a very poor gate.

Guest redjet
True it was quite full , but there was a huge majority of City fans in the home ends, including myself .......

Just as many fans jumped up in " The Arkells" when City scored as did Swindon ......

You need to be playing a good away team with good support to get the Council ground anywhere near full

The Arkells stand bit pure nonsense I was there too. :laugh:

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

there was about 10 of us at the back , near the divide !! and as we jumped up , we looked across and poo loads of people were also jumping up .... Maybe Neutrals then ????

I think not :laugh:

Guest redjet
there was about 10 of us at the back , near the divide !! and as we jumped up , we looked across and poo loads of people were also jumping up .... Maybe Neutrals then ????

I think not :laugh:

Maybe they thought it was a foul or something!

Archived