IGNORED

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Surely that can't be right, ground looked almost full from the Ateyo.

Without segregation it should hold about 15,000. So with all the netting in the dolman and Ateyo I expected that to drop to 13,000.

The problems in the Ateyo probably affected the number a bit. But there had to be more than 11000 there

Capacity is a bit less than 14k at the moment. There were plenty of gaps in the Williams, quite a few in the Atyeo and Colchester didn't bring many. So 11k doesn't sound far off.

As I've already said in another thread, I thought the attendance was disappointing for the opening game of the season, given the more positive mood around the club at the moment. Thought it would be a sell out.

Capacity is a bit less than 14k at the moment. There were plenty of gaps in the Williams, quite a few in the Atyeo and Colchester didn't bring many. So 11k doesn't sound far off.

As I've already said in another thread, I thought the attendance was disappointing for the opening game of the season, given the more positive mood around the club at the moment. Thought it would be a sell out.

Exact attendance was 11,626 which is about 2000-3000 less than capacity.

I haven't seen exact figures but I think Colchester probably brought 200-300 out of theoretical maximum of 1100. Whilst the netting was slightly moved across, it was also larger than I was expecting meaning that accounted for several of the spare seats.

From the Williams the front few rows of the lower dolman seemed empty, and there were quite a few spare seats dotted throughout both the dolman and Atyeo, possibly due to holidays etc. I don't expect the restricted view seats were sold either which would also take away from the capacity. All of this easily combined for a further 1000-2000 so the attendance is believe able. Many more games like that though and we will soon be getting sellouts.

Lucky to get that many after Tuesday. Sorry but the wantoness of it still smarts.

As the turnstiles weren't working, they must have done or heat count of each person about 30 mins into the game.

Definitely an accurate attendance.....

Think about it....... How did turnstiles used to work without the scanners?

I guess that even if there is any pay on the day tickets available, some who would normally head to AG in the past may not risk it now with the reduced capacity.  

Yesterday is a classic for me - finding my Saturday business plans changing and thus suddenly being in a position to drop everything and head South to the Gate I would have done it without thinking in the past.  But it's too much of a risk doing a 2 hour drive and maybe finding the POD tickets have all gone.  I'm probably not alone in this and that may go some way to explaining away some of the empty seats yesterday.

COYR

Archived