IGNORED

Watering The Pitch At Half Time

Cardy

Did anyone else notice how at half time the groundsman only turned the sprinklers on in the half that Colchester were attacking? My thought is that playing wing backs means we are in danger of leaving our defensive side channels open. However with a wet pitch any high through balls will more likely skid through too far.

I'm not sure if this was just a coincidence but if it is a genuine tactic this season then fair play to all concerned!

Did anyone else notice how at half time the groundsman only turned the sprinklers on in the half that Colchester were attacking? My thought is that playing wing backs means we are in danger of leaving our defensive side channels open. However with a wet pitch any high through balls will more likely skid through too far.

I'm not sure if this was just a coincidence but if it is a genuine tactic this season then fair play to all concerned!

I noticed that, but toward the end of half time they did turn the sprinklers on in the other half as well.

yep only watererd the eastend halve of the pitch at half time.

... and that was the end we were attacking (see OP).

The sprinklers are phased and the whole pitch is watered at some point during half time. At the front of the Williams with a prevailing wind you are liable to get a soaking. This is all right in August, maybe not so much in November.

Archived