IGNORED

Can I Be Controversial?

Port Said Red

And say that having heard all the horror stories on here I fully expected the team to implode when El Abd came on today. But I actually thought he did pretty well, read a few situations well to make good interceptions and seemed to get the defence organised. I hope this means he just had a crisis of confidence and gets up to the kind of form he showed at Brighton.

And say that having heard all the horror stories on here I fully expected the team to implode when El Abd came on today. But I actually thought he did pretty well, read a few situations well to make good interceptions and seemed to get the defence organised. I hope this means he just had a crisis of confidence and gets up to the kind of form he showed at Brighton.

Just put this in another thread that he did very well today.

We were much more comfortable at the back when he came on. Apart from 1 loose pass I also thought he did well.

Ayling looks very good on the ball, defends quite well and is pretty quick.. he even did a job at right back.

And I couldn't believe my eyes when Flint was passing it around like rio Ferdinand sometimes..

Ayling made me think he could be a sweeper when he came out with the ball. Pretty much what he was doing really.

Agreed, for the period when he was on the pitch I would say he was the best player.

Ayling is a bit suspect in the air and it is no coincidence that El Abd is better in a back four he is a good player just doesn't fit into our first formation choice

And certainly almost cost us yesterday near the end. However on the floor Ayling looked very good.

Whilst I'd not expect to see Adam start, he has looked fairly solid in the last two games.

You have to accept limitations with a player like him: he has the speed of a sloth on mogadon and can jump about as well as a rhinocerous.

BUT no-one shields the ball better than him and with his strength no-one can push him off the ball.

Like Flint (superb again yesterday), Adam seems to have stepped up a gear this season and despite my reservations, I now think he might make a useful squad player.

Our defensive line has just about every type of player in it,which is good and extremely useful for the manager, who should be able to make changes if problems occur in games.

They just need to be worked hard as a unit and improve concentration.  On paper that is a very very useful looking defensive unit, at this level, on paper.

And may I say, As I have been a critic, even though I oddly like the bloke, Flint has been great so far, I think his positioning and concentration have improved a lot.  I wonder if El Abd has helped?  Not in the sense of playing in competitive matches, but on the training ground, as I can't help but notice, Flints performances have slowly been getting better since Adam's arrival.

Archived