IGNORED

Pack Is The Key To Promotion...

Randy Marsh

Had a really poor game last night and last Tuesday. I wasn't there Saturday to comment on his appearance which sounded good.

Fact is that last night his control was so poor, his passing was long and aimless (though not alone there...Fielding to Bryan?!).

Korey so much better than him in that role so I would only use him as a sub really.

If you throw the key into the docks.

Thought we looked much slower last night, much as we did against Oxford, and the one glaring clog in the system for me was Pack. He's either slowing the game down or losing the ball when facing his own net, it's frustrating watching him at times.

So here's some stats I'd like Cott's to consider, because it screams volumes - as it did with Alex Russell albeit in a positive light. Since Pack has been here our league win rates are....

With him starting: 25% (Loss rate of 29%)

With him not starting: 50% (Loss rate 21%)

Sure Marilyn can squirt her juicy balls when she comes on with 20 mins to go, but a starter she is not.

We draw a lot with him in the side, draws aren't good enough this season, especially when it appears we can turn a fair few into wins by dropping him. 

What I'm trying to say is we can't go forward with him if he needs to come into the side if, for example, Freeman is fatigued then sign someone better than him to take on that role.

*Stats do not take his massive chin dragging along the pitch into consideration.

I've never been a fan of this starting/not starting statistic.  There are too many other variables for it to be relevant.  Liverpool actually had a higher win % without Suarez in the team last year, which proves my point.

If you throw the key into the docks.

Thought we looked much slower last night, much as we did against Oxford, and the one glaring clog in the system for me was Pack. He's either slowing the game down or losing the ball when facing his own net, it's frustrating watching him at times.

So here's some stats I'd like Cott's to consider, because it screams volumes - as it did with Alex Russell albeit in a positive light. Since Pack has been here our league win rates are....

With him starting: 25% (Loss rate of 29%)

With him not starting: 50% (Loss rate 21%)

Sure Marilyn can squirt her juicy balls when she comes on with 20 mins to go, but a starter she is not.

We draw a lot with him in the side, draws aren't good enough this season, especially when it appears we can turn a fair few into wins by dropping him. 

What I'm trying to say is we can't go forward with him if he needs to come into the side if, for example, Freeman is fatigued then sign someone better than him to take on that role.

*Stats do not take his massive chin dragging along the pitch into consideration.

pack was bloody shite last night would have taken him off at halt time or before

Completely agree with the OP.

Pack always goes for the hollywood pass and i don't think it came off once last night. He was poor.

We are a much better team without him. And on the bench i would rather have Bobby Reid than Pack.

Did you watch the Oxford game?

It was 0-0 so it won't count as an assist. It was a good corner but he can't get a place on that reason when 5 mins before he almost played through their striker 1 on 1. The bloke is a liability and the stats show we are way better without him.

I'll trust my eyes over some meaningless stat.

He was playing DM last night and we kept a clean sheet - mission accomplished. When he came off on 80 mins we were worse for it and looked weaker in midfield with Ayling looking suspect at DM. Can't see how anyone can disagree with that assessment but I'm sure someone will give it a go!

I'm not saying he's the next Makelele, but to single Pack out on a night where we looked solid and kept a cleansheet is a little bizarre.

I'll trust my eyes over some meaningless stat.

He was playing DM last night and we kept a clean sheet - mission accomplished. When he came off on 80 mins we were worse for it and looked weaker in midfield with Ayling looking suspect at DM. Can't see how anyone can disagree with that assessment but I'm sure someone will give it a go!

I'm not saying he's the next Makelele, but to single Pack out on a night where we looked solid and kept a cleansheet is a little bizarre.

I've never been a big fan of Pack, but what Kid says here rings true; we kept a clean sheet against a team with numerous and effective striking options, and with his role being to mop up and help keep us tight, then he's done good.

Maybe his distribution was shaky, but that is one match; he'll play better, but nice to see he can do a job even when not.

A lot bizarre.

Basically anyone who disagrees is getting a whack from the smashers. 

Hmm- I still disagree but I do have a horse if that's of any help to you?

Cannot comment on Tuesday, but for me he was the catalyst to winning the game on Saturday. I've seen mentioned that he slows down play, I thought the complete opposite on Saturday. Hardly ever having more than 2/3 touches before finding a team mate., generally with a forward pass. He brought an energy into our midfield making plenty of interceptions as well as always wanting the ball. Reminds me of Skuse in some ways( que the moaning!). Was also listening to talk sport on Wednesday and Bob Mills on the Colin Murray show. Who is an orient fan and was at the game said he was most impressed with Pack. Just goes to show football is a game of opinions.

Archived