IGNORED

Definitely 2 Points Lost....

James

I don't know why the ref after a game does not have to explain why he's made a decision like he did so people know.

As somebody else has stated it could be that Flint was pulling someone's shirt for example and none of us have seen it.

But isn't Mike's point that the ref shouldn't just "think" something happened, he should "know" it happened, before he makes a game changing decision like ruling out a goal.

He was poor throughout IMO and should be dropped down to officiate on the Gas in the Bananarama Conf.

Exactly if he couldn't see a foul how can he give it? like giving a penalty you haven't seen it's ridiculous.

What I can't understand is that he could see a foul that wasn't, but miss the eight occasions that Darius Henderson led with his arm or deliberately backed into our player.

He also allowed Mooney (their no. 10) to take the piss by stopping the ball coming to our player who was taking a free kick for us 4 separate times.

Shit ref.

What I can't understand is that he could see a foul that wasn't, but miss the eight occasions that Darius Henderson led with his arm or deliberately backed into our player.

He also allowed Mooney (their no. 10) to take the piss by stopping the ball coming to our player who was taking a free kick for us 4 separate times.

Shit ref.

agree with this. If he gave it for some shirt pulling in the box then he should have given a free kick at every dead ball/corner situation. Also has the rule changed about kicking/taking/throwing the ball away when a free kick has been awarded? This was rife from Orient last night right in front of the ref on more than one occasion.

ame="nickolas" post="2077074" timestamp="1408551330"]

But if the same decision happened up the other end,you wouldn't have given a shit,you would have probably forgotten about it by now.

Refs make mistakes,but nowhere near as many as the 22 players do every 90 mins.

Plus,last nights Ref isn't a Pro,he has a job as well.

Erm, they act like theyre pro, i didnt say they were, read it correctly. You are right i probably wouldnt care if we had got lucky but i'd still lose respect for such a shocking error. Mistakes i.e wrong throw in, dodgy foul etc i can forget about. The game changing mistakes are the ones that are not acceptable. Unfortunately it was only L1, had that been the Prem and Sir Alex we'd be talking about it in the press for weeks!

How is it a stupid attitude? They like to call themselves professional, they try to copy the players with their pre-match warm ups yet their performances are very regularly nothing near professional.

They demand respect yet cant breed respect due to shockers like the other night.

I suppose you're the brand of referees who've never played the game so dont understand the real life football nowadays are you? Or are you the type craving. Attention and power so you become a referee?! The only thing that turns away new referees is the local football scene, violence towards refs from players and spectators.

I wont be respecting much of our professional referees until they get easy decisions, which there was no decision to even make last night, correct.

Because it's ruining the grassroots, as you've just said?! The same way morons jump on the backs of players when they make a mistake. Players and referees are only human. Don't want to respect the ref? Fine, don't be surprised when your league can't find one next weekend.

And don't peddle your bullshit about not playing the game, which I have. If I hadn't driven a car I'd still know when it was being done badly.

[/soapbox]

But isn't Mike's point that the ref shouldn't just "think" something happened, he should "know" it happened, before he makes a game changing decision like ruling out a goal.

He was poor throughout IMO and should be dropped down to officiate on the Gas in the Bananarama Conf.

I agree, I thought the rule was if in doubt give it to the striker. Well it is in offside terms, can't see it being different for fouls.

Yeah good one, thousands of referees are being driven away by stupid attitudes like this.

Tennis and cricket play nothing like football, for a start. With hawkeye it's either in, or it wasn't. It either carried, or it didn't, etc. It's all black and white, and play is not continuous. Technology beyond what we have would disrupt and overcomplicate the game imo, and of course make it less interesting.

And rugby?

Archived