IGNORED

Rochdale Away

Who Are Rovers?

Rochdale has some really good pubs and places to eat. If you can, get there early and do a bit of a tour around town - four or five really good 'old style' boozers.

I never had any trouble there, nor heard of problems with Rochdale supporters. Those I met seemed friendly and a bit surprised anyone would actually want to travel to Rochdale in the first place!

Quite an active little youth firm and I think there will be a few out and about, still new ground, reunion with some good mates and from what I'be been told a good few turning up, here's hoping for 3 points and plenty of handbags.

Quite an active little youth firm and I think there will be a few out and about, still new ground, reunion with some good mates and from what I'be been told a good few turning up, here's hoping for 3 points and plenty of handbags.

The only trouble I encountered on our two year sojourn in the basement was at Rochdale, TWICE

Avoid the trams to Rochdale as they take forever as opposed to ten minutes on the train from Victoria. Also gives you the chance to pub crawl through the Northern Quarter on your way between piccadilly and victoria. 

Leave yourself enough time though as Spotlands is at least half an hour walk from the Rochdale station.

Edit: just read the rest of the thread and I haven't added anything new!

..I hope there little firms better than those dicks I seen on tv..the rochdale ramblers...I think with whats going from are end we will be more and happy to oblige,

Don't, REPEAT, DO NOT laugh at any of the locals walking their whippet's wearing a flat cap.

It is completely NORMAL for whippet's to wear flat caps in Rochdale.

We respect their customs, and I am sure they will reciprocate by respecting ours.

TFR

I live in Manc and was going to take my nephew to this but sounds like it could be a bit of a hairy atmosphere for a kid? People's thoughts?

You're kid will love that, well I did growing up. Loved the atmosphere! There will be a fair few going aswell so it should be good

Archived