IGNORED

Goalkeeping Situation

Sparkz 76

FF is perfectly capable of being a very good goalkeeper for us. In my opinion he looks short on confidence and if anything is scared of making a mistake.

He has all the attributes to make him worth persevering with in my book. As he grows in confidence and stature he'll feel a lot taller and a lot bigger and the command of his area will come. I believe a few consecutive clean sheets and a plaudit-winning performance will put him on the platform to show us all why he has played at much higher levels than we currently occupy.

You don't have to look too far back to see evidence of players shot of confidence and written off by the AG faithfull only to finally come good: Flint seems to have, Woolford began to look the player we thought we bought towards the end of his time here and I believe has carried that on at Millwall, to some extent Baldock early last season, the list goes on.

sorry but what about the good saves against Orient Tuesday that saved us the draw? What about the great last ditch save away at Sheff Utd that ensured that we won?

The good saves against Orient? They were simple saves any average keeper should easily make. Granted the save at the end of the sheffield utd game was an important stop though

That we need another keeper is not in doubt but reading some of these comments makes me think that every time a cross comes in the opposition will score which simply isn't the case.The reason we didn't win against LO was nothing to do with FF and he played his part well at Sheffield and Colchester. The fact that he makes some fans nervous is something those fans are going to have to deal with until SC agrees.

Ledgzkins was impeded by his own defender to be fair, who was sandwiched between him and Baldock so wasn't really his fault. The pass out was hilarious though. But Frankie does that pretty much every game!

Name me an occasion when Fielding has rolled the ball to an opponent who was 6 feet away.

If only Wilbraham had given it a firm back heel it would have been the comedy goal of the season. As.it was, I think he was as surprised as the rest of us.

Frankie is a decent enough keeper to get us promoted.. we do need another keeper as a replacement for Frankie, Richards is just not ready to step up into these leagues. Give him a loan deal to Bury or something and he'll get match time.

3 games, 2 goals conceded.

Better than James and Heaton.

Frankie is a decent enough keeper to get us promoted.. we do need another keeper as a replacement for Frankie, Richards is just not ready to step up into these leagues. Give him a loan deal to Bury or something and he'll get match time.

3 games, 2 goals conceded.

Better than James and Heaton.

James (during his time with us) yes, Heaton not a chance in hell.

Sounds like Fielding had a stormer today, perhaps a few here were rushing to judgement based on just a couple of dodgy games.

Who told you he had a stormer? He flapped at 4 corners, made routine saves a goalkeeper should make then proceeded to make one of the best saves I have ever seen. Still doesn't mean a GK is top priority.

Who told you he had a stormer? He flapped at 4 corners, made routine saves a goalkeeper should make then proceeded to make one of the best saves I have ever seen. Still doesn't mean a GK is top priority.

Wasn't there but comments (and ratings) from those that were. Kept us in the match. That's good enough for me.

I suppose the best way to judge FF is has he been at fault for any goals against so far this season?

On a lower level he can be labeled as eccentric at times, nevertheless Flint has been awesome....So no confidence problem their! FF is number one and if SC says that is so I am right up there with it, now please breath deeply!!!

He also took out Wilbs and punched the ball into touch from one corner, and made a terrific double save at close range.

Not perfect, but neither was Elliott, Baldock or Cunningham who should have blocked the shot they scored with.

Let's give the guy a chance, as you say probably one of the 'great' saves, doubt we will see a better one in any league this season, and at such a crucial time.

Sounds like Fielding had a stormer today, perhaps a few here were rushing to judgement based on just a couple of dodgy games.

He's nothing if not an enigma! That's the bizarre thing with FF, he'll make heroic, impossible point blank saves but then make a right meal out of simple basics like passing the ball out or claiming a high ball under no pressure! Kind of reminds me of Basso, other than with Basso you knew he'd save you more points than he cost you and so you were happy to strap yourself in for the ride!

I'm still in the camp which says Fielding will cost us more points than save us, but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong! Bring it on, Frankie ;)

Archived