IGNORED

Formation / Agard / 4-4-2 (Merged)

zoggy21

Why do some think we have to instantly shoehorn any new signing into the team?

It's a long old season and injuries and suspensions will come into play. If we haven't got adequate replacements on the bench, we'll have no chance of going up.

We didn't pay 600k so he could warm the bench

We didn't pay 600k so he could warm the bench

Almost certainly, but do you think SC will chuck him straight into the team on Saturday, having not trained with the rest of the players?

Will he alter the 3-5-2 system that we have used exclusively throughout preseason and the opening games of this campaign?

I can't see it myself.

I can't see him changing from 3-5-2/5-3-2.Agard is a Pacey forward who will challenge Baldock for a starting space,I think JET will be off.

Possibly, but this signing could also free up Wes Burns to go out on loan. Would be good to see what Wes can do at a L2 club for 6 months or so.

Ali Durden just said on Twitter that Agard scored 66% of his goals last season whilst playing right wing. Food for thought.

Indeed, could be 442 maybe...?

Fielding

Little Flint Williams Cunningham

Agard Smith Elliot Freeman

Baldock Wilbrahimovic 

Richards, JET, Pack, Wagstaff, Burns, Bryan, Ayling, El-Abd, Osborne, Reid (on loan?) all to choose from! 

(NB: Post less about formation rather than options - will shoot myself down now re selected team so others don't have to).

I want a 4-3-3...

......................................................Fielding......................................................

Little.................................Flint.....................Williams...................Cunningham

......................Smith........................Pack..........................Elliot.........................

..................Baldock.....................Wilbraham......................Freeman

But Cotts system is working just fine, and I'm happy to see whatever formation as long as it wins us games.

This aside from Baldock in for Wilbs and Agard on the right forward position

Stinky Pete

Jessie                Rex                                     Slinkydog                Wheezy   

Mr *****lepants                BoPeep         Cymbal banging monkey

Evil Emperor Zurg      Buzz Lightyear     Mr Potato Head

Sob....... no room for Woody   :sad26:

FIELDING

AYLING    FLINT   WILLIAMS

LITTLE                                                CUNNINGHAM

SMITH    ELLIOT

AGARD                      BALDOCK

WIBRAHAM

SUBS

FREEMAN could slot in for Agard or Baldock or behind a front two

WAGSTAFF cover for Little or Agard

PACK so we can go to a front two at times -sitting in behind Smith and Elliot

BRYANT for Cunningham

EL ABD anywhere across the three central defenders -OSBORNE the same

RICHARDS or New Reserve Keeper

JET if you need a spark in a tight game.

We will rotate. Is it that difficult?

Agreed; it's a squad game, and all those teams who have successful seasons at this level need deeper resources than just a starting 11.

Agard is a much welcome and needed addition, with the emphasis being on 'addition'; it's not a zero sum scenario, we can have more than two front men.

With the fact Agard is also a winger, we've really just give ourselves more options, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Ignoring the dripdrip of negativity about JET, who despite playing less than 10 league minutes is being deemed surplus to requirements, Agard is a completely different option to him, or Wilbraham.  In fact, if nothing else, the only negative could be that Brighton and others see this as encouragement to go back for Baldock, as he's the most similar type of player we possess.

Personally, I'm excited about seeing all the different combinations of forwards; we've got a good selection, that's for sure.

And if folks are saying the Oxford match proves JET's worth getting rid of, regardless of Agard signing, then add most of the other players that day to that list; in fact, we just loaned out the only stand out from that evening, by all accounts!

Agreed; it's a squad game, and all those teams who have successful seasons at this level need deeper resources than just a starting 11.

Agard is a much welcome and needed addition, with the emphasis being on 'addition'; it's not a zero sum scenario, we can have more than two front men.

With the fact Agard is also a winger, we've really just give ourselves more options, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Ignoring the dripdrip of negativity about JET, who despite playing less than 10 league minutes is being deemed surplus to requirements, Agard is a completely different option to him, or Wilbraham.  In fact, if nothing else, the only negative could be that Brighton and others see this as encouragement to go back for Baldock, as he's the most similar type of player we possess.

Personally, I'm excited about seeing all the different combinations of forwards; we've got a good selection, that's for sure.

And if folks are saying the Oxford match proves JET's worth getting rid of, regardless of Agard signing, then add most of the other players that day to that list; in fact, we just loaned out the only stand out from that evening, by all accounts!

Back of the net!

Back of the net!

Wrote that before I saw the Cotts interview, and right now think it is more likely we'll end up with Agard, JET and Wilbraham, plus perhaps another addition, post-1 Sept.

Hope that isn't that case, and the club who sign him is us on a new contract, but credit to the club essentially guarding against his loss via this signing.

Samo II

Oh dear- just as I was having the perfect day...........

I really really hope Sam stays but we will have to wait and see. Jet is and will remain a fantastic option- whatever his critics say- he can magic a goal from nowhere and that ability hasn't left him.

If Sam goes- we need another striker.

FIELDING

AYLING    FLINT   WILLIAMS

LITTLE                                                CUNNINGHAM

SMITH    ELLIOT

AGARD                      BALDOCK

WIBRAHAM

SUBS

FREEMAN could slot in for Agard or Baldock or behind a front two

WAGSTAFF cover for Little or Agard

PACK so we can go to a front two at times -sitting in behind Smith and Elliot

BRYANT for Cunningham

EL ABD anywhere across the three central defenders -OSBORNE the same

RICHARDS or New Reserve Keeper

JET if you need a spark in a tight game.

Would remove wilbraham, put baldock in the centre and freeman on the left. Wilbraham and jet should be impact subs or players who can provide goals on those tough away games.

----------------------------------Fielding----------------------------------------

Ayling--------------Flint--------------------El-Abd-----------Cunningham

Agard---------------Smith-----------------Elliott------------------Freeman

----------------------Wilbraham-----------Baldock---------------------------

Last season I'd never have put Flint and El-Abd in a back 4 together but Flint has been our standout performer so far and El-Abd has done well off the bench. Tough to leave out Williams and Osborne -who seems to have been forgotten about! Gone with Ayling at right back as he seems better defensively than Little but a tough call

Archived