IGNORED

Bristol Rovers U14 9 Bristol City U14 1

candygram for mongo

Isn't it the case that we play the kids at the age levels above  i.e. our U21's has U18's playing? If that is adhered to through out the set up this would mean they were playing against U12s maybe? At that age size and strength makes a big difference.

Normally only the better/stronger players would be playing in higher age group levels.

I could be wrong but I would imagine that City would have had all their best U14's available for this game.

There is a very progressive independent football development centre in Central Bristol. One week their teams will beat Cardiff and Southampton, but the next draw v Wimbourne and Forest Green. It does not make Wimbourne and Forest Green better than Cardiff. At that age they are still learning to play, and learning what they are as individuals.

Breaking news, UEFA are investigating a gas under 14 substitute who came on for the final 10 seconds, apparently he was 14 and four quarters, already suspended for an offence of the gas ignition ceremony of punching a tail on a pony, didn't know the words to (that song about some old tart), is third party owned by Clifton St Vincents and refusing to sit on Santa's lap in the grotto, this result will be over turned.

On a more boring and serious note, I was under the impression that at that age group (and younger) the result has nothing to do with the point of playing games.

Don't get me wrong that is embarrassing! However, the emphasis of youth development has been moved from a well drilled outfit with players adopting a 1-dimensional role that they are wedged into for the rest of their careers (as being incapable of doing anything else) to one where there is more flexibility and to put more responsibility on the players to understand what and why they are trying to do something on the pitch as well as to encourage an element of individuality, the key to 'flair' players.

The shaping of team tactics comes later in the life cycle, however, I simply can't believe that those responsible for training that age group would be able to stop themselves being miffed by a performance that resulted in losing by that score line! To NLBR as well!

The match was cancelled and no one told the Gas. They decided to play as they couldn't afford the fine for non fulfilment of the fixture. The goal we were credited with was in actual fact an own goal as they couldn't even keep a clean sheet amongst themselves.

On a more boring and serious note, I was under the impression that at that age group (and younger) the result has nothing to do with the point of playing games.

Don't get me wrong that is embarrassing! However, the emphasis of youth development has been moved from a well drilled outfit with players adopting a 1-dimensional role that they are wedged into for the rest of their careers (as being incapable of doing anything else) to one where there is more flexibility and to put more responsibility on the players to understand what and why they are trying to do something on the pitch as well as to encourage an element of individuality, the key to 'flair' players.

The shaping of team tactics comes later in the life cycle, however, I simply can't believe that those responsible for training that age group would be able to stop themselves being miffed by a performance that resulted in losing by that score line! To NLBR as well!

I am sure the coaching staff were miffed.

When you consider the gulf in investment between the 2 acadamies that sort of result should not happen.

Archived