IGNORED

"surprising You Would Turn Down A Household, Worldwide Name Like Leeds United And Go To Bristol City.

TheCulturalBomb

Not sure if anyone saw this article or gem of a quote from Steve Evans on Agard joining us. Because remember everyone, Leeds United are a tour-de-force in world football still, everyone from Zimbabwe to Mumbai loves them some Leeds. 

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20140822/rotherham-united-manager-steve-evans-surprised-by-kieran-agard-switch_2293322_4090620

One factor might be that he's a southern lad originally, and has played in this part of the world before, so may just not wanted to stay in the North.

Know that might seem silly, but can be a big factor.

...apart from the delightful working mens' clubs in the North - with the cheap beer and the strippers - the North of England holds few attractions. The North always seems more wet, cold, dark and gloomy than the South.....Leeds especially so. 

I do not think he was being wrong, Leeds have won things, are a huge club and are in a league higher. However, he failed to recognise that Leeds today is not maybe where it was in the past, and that maybe was not the "right" Leeds to join. Agard clearly feels we are going places, and I strongly believe, with the new stadium, and some momentum, we could be a great club to be at over the next few years. So lets all start believing, and all pull together with the team and create that magical bond that so nearly took us to the Prem. 

I may ask the bookie the odds on us or leeds getting back to the top division first. history is fine, but this is now, if I ran a book, I would make us favorites. we have never been regarded as a top flite club. there is no reason that cant change . we will piss this league and compete in the next, there is no club outside the prem with more going for it than us. take that to the bank.

I may ask the bookie the odds on us or leeds getting back to the top division first. history is fine, but this is now, if I ran a book, I would make us favorites. we have never been regarded as a top flite club. there is no reason that cant change . we will piss this league and compete in the next, there is no club outside the prem with more going for it than us. take that to the bank.

Admirable confidence :)

Leeds are a bit of a circus at the moment, and they don't have a lot of money still. Their former Forest Green manager is very much an unknown quantity.

Perhaps Agard just felt Bristol seemed like a more stable prospect right now.

We met the Irish branch of the LUFC supporters club at Victoria station after the playoff final , good lads.

I have some sympathy for Leeds , they were a great club and still have great support after the Circus that club turned into.

Looking from the outside it seems a bit of a freak show and if Leeds were the only offer actually tabled, I wonder  if Agard tried to price him self so highly to make up for what he could have been walking into.  If you don't really want a job ask for so much you can't refuse it. 

I think the difference is how the actual club is perceived , City can be seen as stable with a solid and reliable backer and as such you wouldn't worry about signing for them due to off pitch activities.

Leeds are , sadly, are  a different case all together.  Cellino's record is interesting reading, scared off the number 17 and the colour purple !!! that's apart from the embezzlement arrest. Brings in what looks to be a totally inappropriate choice of coach so I can see how it could put someone off signing.  

To claim we are the most exciting club outside the prem is a staggering statement. Which indicates you believe we have more going for us than teams of Blackburn, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Leeds, Wolves, and  Wigan, plus many other massive clubs. 

Whilst I agree fully we are an exciting club, I do not think anything but rose tinted goggles can think we have more going for us than any club outside the Premier League !

Leeds may not be in a great position at present, but it is still unlikely they will go down, and the potential is there for them to rebuild and get back into the top flight. They certainly have a bigger fan base which does mean more revenue and have just received 11m for their best player.

With that in mind, we still have to get out of League One which is not footballing certainty but the expectation is certainly there for this season.

A bookmaker would probably go along the odds of 4/6 Leeds & 11/10 Bristol City to be promoted to the premier league first. Which I think would be a fair reflection. 

I for one would probably stand Bristol City , as whilst we should be thereabouts this season and this team should be good enough to maintain Championship Status, I think it will be a good 4-5 years before we are in a position to challenge for promotion to the top flight, which would still be a great achievement. There are any one of ten teams who are of greater stature than Bristol City already in the Championship, Leeds being one of them.

Archived