IGNORED

Player Ratings

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

I'll go:

Fielding - 8

Made some very good saves in the second half whilst we were under the cosh, and made an absolute world class save at the death to preserve a point.

Little - 5

Always a danger going forward but he didn't have a lot of joy today. Slightly below par defensively.

Ayling - 6

Didn't move forward with the ball as much as I would have liked, but didn't do a whole lot wrong.

Flint - 7

Don't have a lot to say about Flint. A few key clearances from crosses, and between him and Fielding, we did escape a goalmouth scramble in the second half.

Williams - 6

I like Williams but he drifted through the game a bit too much for me. I think he's a good passer but is often too inoffensive with his passing.

Cunningham - 6

Was always looking to go forward, but his final ball was poor.

Wade Elliott - 6

Always displays his class on the ball, faded in the second half when we had less of the ball.

Korey Smith - 7

Energetic, a hard tackler and a competent passer.

Luke Freeman - 7

Brilliant finish for the goal. Linked up nicely with Elliott, the two together give us a little bit of quality.

Sam Baldock - 7

Was energetic and lively in the first half. Was cynically taken down by Eastham outside the area and had a seperate penalty shout turned down. Spent the second half running between defenders, though did get an opening late on but he decided to hold it up instead of shoot.

Wilbraham - 6

Linked up nicely with Baldock in the first half, but like his strike partner he tired in the second half as he chased down defenders. Also took a knock from his own keeper.

I'll give it a go. Going to give my verdicts and opinions on the game as I am tired from the early start, but I'll quickly do this.

Fielding - 8

In the first half, looked like he was going to get caught on the ball again, and was very edgy, but second half kept us in the game with a few superb saves.

Little - 6

Average game for Mark. Didn't attack his opposing full back much, and the one time he did, he claimed an assist. I get the feeling he needs to be more direct, much like he was in pre-season, and also at sheffield.

Cunningham - 6

First half went unnoticed, as every threat they posed came down our right, but didn't offer much going forward all game. Second half they caused him many problems, and he was caught out of positions a fair few times.

Ayling - 6 

Quiet game, didn't do a whole lot wrong, but didn't put much influence on the game, and didn't have the freedom to travel with the ball like he has had in recent games.

Flint - 8

Good form continued, neat and tidy. Made some crucial clearances, and dealt with any ariel threat that came into the box. Impressed with him again.

Williams - 6

Good first half for him, but second half faded out, gave the ball away a fair few times, but didn't make any standout errors.

Elliot - 6

Often picked up the ball in plenty of space, kept things neat and tidy, but failed to make the killer pass, but this could be said for all of the midfield.

Smith - 7

Hard work continued for Korey, some good tackles put in, and a superb work rate.

Freeman - 8

Could not understand why Luke got taken off. When he got replaced, we once again missed the link between the midfield and attack, and things went flat without him. Cracking finish for the goal also.

Wilbraham - 6

Held the ball up well, but didn't do a lot else, and found it difficult to impact the game. Looked tired the last two games.

Baldock - 7

Cracking first half performance, but Sam isn't getting the service he was last season. In his game I have noticed he keeps coming to have to come deeper and deeper for the ball, and create things for himself. Needs more service.

Fielding- 8- Routine saves any goalie should make, looked nervous at every single corner then saved us 2 points.

Little- 7- Set up the goal well, attempted to run at their defence, didn't seem to do much wrong.

Cunningham-5- Don't think he suits the 352 system, he seems to struggle as a LWB.

Ayling-6, didn't do a lot wrong. Did ok in patches.

Williams-7- Distribution improved from Tuesday, in typical Williams style he didn't do much wrong, which is good.

Elliot-6-Giving the ball away to much, especially for his quality, but he's no doubt our best midfielder so whenever he's on the ball you can tell something was going to happen.

Smith-7- Did well, found his man often that not. Maybe lacks a killer pass in his game..

Flint-8- Defended everything that came close to him, changed player.

Freeman, 7- Took his goal well, but looked knackered after the second half. He will improve.

Baldock-6- Seems like a bit of a national treasure on this forum, and can do no wrong.. for me he gave the ball away way to many times against Rochdale, didn't test the keeper enough and he keeps coming deeper.. He doesn't seem to be making runs that can open defences up.. By his standards poor start to the season imo.

Wilbraham, 6- Won his flick ons but other than that he didn't do to much..

I wasn't present, but based on the reports from those who were it would seem that our 'must get rid of' goalkeeper was 'man of the match'!

His shot stopping isn't in doubt, it's again, his distribution, his decision making of whether to come or go, and also getting caught on the ball, and the majority of those were still in his play yesterday.

Archived