IGNORED

Wilbraham

Kingswoodactor

Good signing, like the bloke, but he now needs to make way for JET/Agard in the starting line up.

Wilbs was always brought in as a game changer from the bench in my eyes, that extra needed club as it were.

We need to get back to playing like we were towards the end of last season with our quick, sharp passing through midfield, with balls into front men's feet, or slipping Baldock in down the channel for him to run onto. He must be fed up with the service to him so far...

Not sure drastic changes are necessary given that we're unbeaten and there are only two teams in the league with more points than us. Wilbraham has played very well but it's a squad game. It's a long season and everyone will play a part.

Having said that, we have spent (reportedly) a lot of money on Agard and I imagine he will be a regular starter

Agree with OP completely....too often SB is the man dropping back to pick up the ball, we need him closer to the box and on the channels.....its no coincidence that he has created next to no chances for himself this season.

Wilbraham ha done well the first 2 games, starting to think that maybe the bubble has burst and this is a more realistic account of what to expect from him.

Can't believe that JET who can play in that hole is still derided by some.....get him in and let Baldock do what he does best.

Agree with OP completely....too often SB is the man dropping back to pick up the ball, we need him closer to the box and on the channels.....its no coincidence that he has created next to no chances for himself this season.

Wilbraham ha done well the first 2 games, starting to think that maybe the bubble has burst and this is a more realistic account of what to expect from him.

Can't believe that JET who can play in that hole is still derided by some.....get him in and let Baldock do what he does best.

Definitely like to see JET feature a lot more but as others have alluded to he seems to be frozen out by SC.

Good signing, like the bloke, but he now needs to make way for JET/Agard in the starting line up.

Wilbs was always brought in as a game changer from the bench in my eyes, that extra needed club as it were.

We need to get back to playing like we were towards the end of last season with our quick, sharp passing through midfield, with balls into front men's feet, or slipping Baldock in down the channel for him to run onto. He must be fed up with the service to him so far...

Understand the point, but less convinced he was brought in as a game changer from the bench. Arguably, he is a key plank as to how Cotts wants to play.

I just wonder what Cotts must be seeing in training not to seem to trust JET at all. In Cotts eyes in seems JET is the extra club, but he is not entirely sure when to risk it. Agree with comments re Sammy. It is not new news he likes balls to feet and down the channels. At least he is not being crucified for missing one to ones!

Sharp passing and JET do not mix well.

The tempo in the Oxford & Orient games was very slow but that was mainly down to Pack and his style of play.

The sharp passing was a reference to our Midfielders like, Elliot, Smith, Freeman. Our defenders look at Wilbs as someone whom they can whack long balls up to, hence bypassing our midfield.

We need to go back to playing into feet across the whole pitch. We seemed to be doing it to great effect towards the end of last season, and the players we've brought in this summer are all more than capable of playing in this way.

I'm worried that our 1st defeat will come on Sunday away at Notts. They actually play some nice stuff, and deserved the 3 points at the gate not so long ago.

Baldock's movement and ability on/off the ball encourages better football from his teammates IMO. The bloke just finished top scorer in league 1 last year FFS. Need I go on?

Yeah top scorer.. last season, for me the last 4 games he's been poor by his standards, and could easily be left out against Notts next game. But because of his movement and ability and his eye for goal like you say he will play most games this season, that's if he stays of course.

I do agree with you that playing Wilbraham does seem to give an excuse for Flint and Williams to launch it up field when they're better options in the midfield. I think as the season go on we will see Wilbraham out of the team therefor seeing a bit more of Freeman, Baldock and Agard is possibly a forward 3, but to drop him when he's our top goal scorer at the moment is harsh.

I wouldn't say we need to drop Wilbra. He's been very affective for large parts of games but I think yesterday and most definitely against orient he should have been the one to make way for JET/Agard. I honestly don't believe SC planned on Wilbra being so affective so soon and a regular starter, but his impressive pre season and start to the season has made him nailed on therefore creating a nice problem for SC.

Against Orient after around 60mins we were struggling to wear down their back line and we either needed a bit of pace or creativity. It was crying out for a change to be honest. Wilbra competed well but Orient gave little away all night so we needed to try something different and for me JET should have came on much earlier.

Yesterday when we were under pressure I would have liked to see Agard come on. His pace and direct style could have taken a bit of the pressure off and offer something different.

What was JET's scoring record in the second half of last season after Cotts became manager? Over his entire career he has only been really consistent when he's had SoD as his manager. Skilful as he is he's not really a team player and it would be difficult to fit him into the current team.

O K to bring him on as sub with 15 minutes to go if we're losing, but that's it.

Wilbebeast gives us something in defence as well as attack .

His height and size make him a formidable obstacle for the opposition.

Which is the most likely reason that SC didn't take him off. He also stuck with Sam last season and it came good so you can sort of see why the subs weren't utilised on this occasion.

So if Cotts thought our front two were so brilliant yesterday and also that he thought taking Freeman off was a good idea, why the hell did he say this after the game?

@bcfctweets: SC: "When we control a game, we look a dominant force. We just needed more luck and craft in the final third."

Cos that's what he thought?

Cott's said in other media reports that the top two were doing really well, and to BCFC tweets, he said we lacked craft up top. Taking Freeman off was a stupid thing to do and invited pressure, and he knows JET can thread a pass. An off day for the gaffer me thinks.

Also, Wagstaff in the middle of the pitch? Please...

Cott's said in other media reports that the top two were doing really well, and to BCFC tweets, he said we lacked craft up top. Taking Freeman off was a stupid thing to do and invited pressure, and he knows JET can thread a pass. An off day for the gaffer me thinks.

Also, Wagstaff in the middle of the pitch? Please...

I think he said in the final third but no matter- I'm not a manager and I just think SC has done well enough so far so Im not going to throw any toys out of the pram.I don't understand all his decisions or those of refs or even the players but we are unbeaten in 17 league matches( I think) and have a largely new team  so something is going right.

Definitely like to see JET feature a lot more but as others have alluded to he seems to be frozen out by SC.

Personally, I'd rather see Wes Burns.

His talent must be nutured, not stifled. Disappointing not to see him on the Bench Saturday.

Personally, I'd rather see Wes Burns.

His talent must be nutured, not stifled. Disappointing not to see him on the Bench Saturday.

Unfortunately, I think that with Agard effectively being the same type of player as Burns, he'll probably go out on loan now.

That said; looks like Wynter has started his spell away on a flyer, so isn't all bad if that does happen.  Might help him come back in good form and be considered for a squad place.

We came for a point we got one.

The game should have been over by half time but we were too negative, we let them back in the game and they punished us.

Huge managerial mistake not switching it up, JET would have occupied two of their players with his presence cutting in from the right and aggard feeding off Wilbrahams knock downs or running from deep at a tiring defence would of seen us score more than one and secure an easy 3 points, I hope the manager learns his lesson and quickly.

Hats off to FF for saving us from going home without a point at all.

Why don't they change the formation. 4-2-31. Could. be easily played with the team.

Fielding

Little Flint. Williams. Cunningham

Elliot. Smith

Freeman. Baldock. Agard

Wilbraham.

Makes sense to me. Got plenty of options for back up aswel. (Ayling, pack, wagstaff, Jet,Bryan,El - Abd) lots of good football teams starting to deploy it with borrussia Dortmund on of them.

Having had 5 tough games in very quick time don't be surprised to see Cotts juggle with his squad versus Notts County. I can see both JET and Agard starting this weekend along with maybe Osbourne, El-Abd,Pack & Bryan. None of these players will weaken the team and just having the option to 'freshen' individuals up throughout a long hard season will be a big advantage over some of our top 6 rivals. We have a quality squad and SC wont be afraid to use it. So different to what he had last season. Happy days.   

Archived