IGNORED

The East End Is Now The Garden Shed End......

Mr Mosquito

FA Cup semi-final: Bristol City 1 Huddersfield Town 2 at Stamford Bridge in 1920.

I've no idea whether the Bristol City following was on the Chelsea Shed End for this game but 94 years later there's now a Shed End at Ashton Gate !!!!!! :cool:

Given the rebuild cost of 40M plus, what a great idea to rename the covered / east end / wedlock THE SHED END!

Not, perhaps, a good omen. Replacing the Shed with a modern stand nearly broke Chelsea and left them open to the advances of the appalling Abramovitch :(

30 odd years before the Abramovich era it was the 3 tier East Stand that almost broke Chelsea as they ended up selling their best players during the mid '70s to pay for it.

30 odd years before the Abramovich era it was the 3 tier East Stand that almost broke Chelsea as they ended up selling their best players during the mid '70s to pay for it.

I know. That's why I said 'ended up'. They've never been financially secure since then.

.....I don't know of many football clubs that are financially secure - many are technically bankrupt as they'd never be able to repay their debts.

Arsenal are the only club with no debt in the Big Six

Man U

Man C

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Tottenham

Man U are something like 800m in debt but the worldwide coverage keeps them going... Man Utd will never die as such

No I'm not, unless I've misread your question (?!?) I have it spot on.

1909 we played Derby at Stamford Bridge. A 1-1 draw saw the replay go to St Andrews

I beg your forgiveness. Other than playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge we've also played Derby and Huddersfield Town at Stamford Bridge. :thumbsup:

Archived