IGNORED

Has The Bubble Burst?

Anglia Red

Strange thread this....But beware about giving any team even a team that cannot be mentioned on here...a good hiding!! 'they' will come good soon, and this league is as least as good as the Championship when we lost to Hull in the play offs, look a MK Dons tonight beating Man U, personally I do think we can finish top 6, but I think we have flattered to deceive so far, but we will get better as a unit.   

chill out Anglia if you post topics on the state of the side when were unbeaten you'll get reaction.

by the way are you a 4 door,4 speed or 2 door 3 speed gear box, or none of the mentioned ?

There never was a 4 door 105E nor a 3 speed one.  In fact there never was a 4 door Anglia in the UK.

Sweet!  All I ever did was upgrade the engine from 997 to 1200.

And put seat belts in!

By todays "pimp my ride" standards my upgrades were very modest. Did up the interior with rally seats and padded dash and stubby gear stick with linkage all enclosed in a centre console! Lots of switches and little warning lights. Probably would look very naff by today's standards.

Big mistake was not changing the diff. to a higher ratio Cortina 3.9 one. It meant it was under geared for the power of the engine so excellent acceleration by the standards back then, but easy to over rev so many top end engine rebuilds required as it kept blowing piston rings!!

Ah, the folly of youth! ;)

Looking the first 4 fixtures before the season started, with games at Sheff U and Orient at home, would we have been happy to take 2 wins and 2 draws?

Absolutely we would. 

Another poster suggested we are due to give a team a spanking. That is often my reservation about City teams of the recent past - we don't seem to have the ability to take teams apart. Even our best performances tend to see us holding on to 2-1 at the death. SC's policy re subs in recent games, tells me he is more cautious so perhaps we won't see a free flowing goal fest anytime soon, mores the pity.

By todays "pimp my ride" standards my upgrades were very modest. Did up the interior with rally seats and padded dash and stubby gear stick with linkage all enclosed in a centre console! Lots of switches and little warning lights. Probably would look very naff by today's standards.

Have you considered the possibility it actually looked very naff then as well? 

Have you considered the possibility it actually looked very naff then as well? 

Nah, apart from sitting lower, with wider wheels, the outside was very much standard.

Inside looked :cool: compared to what the average motor was like back in the late 60's! :whistle2:

And it got to me to the 'Gate and back ok!

Nah, apart from sitting lower, with wider wheels, the outside was very much standard.

Inside looked :cool: compared to what the average motor was like back in the late 60's! :whistle2:

And it got to me to the 'Gate and back ok!

So apart from rally seats in a standard slow car with extra wide wheels, a padded dash, stubby gear stick, lots of switches and warning lights and sitting slightly lower....... what have the Roman's ever done for us?

So apart from rally seats in a standard slow car with extra wide wheels, a padded dash, stubby gear stick, lots of switches and warning lights and sitting slightly lower....... what have the Roman's ever done for us?

It's alright for you in your fancy Roller, some of us had to make do with what we could afford at the other end of the motoring scale! ;)

You could have done a lot with the A series engine in the A40.  Swap it for a 1275 and take the power output way up.  Put it onto MG Midget suspension.  Just thinking about it is going to get me googling for A40s for sale.  I feel a winter project coming on........

Triumph Herald a bit limited in my opinion.

You could have done a lot with the A series engine in the A40.  Swap it for a 1275 and take the power output way up.  Put it onto MG Midget suspension.  Just thinking about it is going to get me googling for A40s for sale.  I feel a winter project coming on........

Triumph Herald a bit limited in my opinion.

....whatever you do don't forget the black plastic insulation tape - first rule of pimping wheels in my 70s classic diy handbook.

PS.. If you do start a project, keep us updated on progress in non-football forum, bet a lot of us would like to follow that.. Good Luck :)

Na, we're relegation, Anglia red said so

Na, Anglia said "For me I thinlk we have more than enough talent to be top 6 and challenging the top two places this season."

Not a brilliantly worded opening post, but he's getting criticised for saying something he specifically didn't say.

Archived