IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

GrahamC

Fonts was a good player for us for several seasons. He starts to have a few bad games and the usual half wits at our club start to get on his back, just as they are now doing with El Abd and Fielding. Not happy unless they have got a scapegoat. Pathetic!

Fonts was a good player for us for several seasons. He starts to have a few bad games and the usual half wits at our club start to get on his back, just as they are now doing with El Abd and Fielding. Not happy unless they have got a scapegoat. Pathetic!

He actually had ALOT of bad games, and it took a very long time for the fans to start to get on his back.

As for El Abd he's barely had a good game, as he's freely admitted himself, but we're ever hopeful, and it looks like Cotts. may be starting to rehabilitate him.

Good luck to Fonts, a great BCFC servant in his time, but probably the most bewildering sustained loss of form of any City player I can remember in 40 years.

Do you actually watch Bristol City much Anglia, or are your criticisms of the fans made more from an hearsay/armchair perspective?

He actually had ALOT of bad games, and it took a very long time for the fans to start to get on his back.

As for El Abd he's barely had a good game, as he's freely admitted himself, but we're ever hopeful, and it looks like Cotts. may be starting to rehabilitate him.

Good luck to Fonts, a great BCFC servant in his time, but probably the most bewildering sustained loss of form of any City player I can remember in 40 years.

Do you actually watch Bristol City much Anglia, or are your criticisms of the fans made more from an hearsay/armchair perspective?

Good luck to Fonts. I hope he can rebuild his career as it really has gone off the rails. He hasn't been the same player for a long time but let's remember what a good player he was and the fantastic service he gave the club. Sad it ended the way and we all know he should have been left out for a period but it wasn't to be therefore this was inevitable.

Good luck Fonts

Fontaine was a decent player, shame about the 'supporters' who boo'd him in to losing his confidence, when he came back from injury in to a struggling side. It would have been nice if we could show Fonts the love that he had for our club - say what you want about his performances, he was always tried and was passionate.

Already been said, but Fielding is next on the list - no wonder we're not able to attract any decent players any more if this is the kind of rep we're producing.

Best of luck Fonts!

I remember Fonts playing at left back away at Sheff Wednesday (he may have come on as a sub; Albert scored a free kick in about the 90th minute to win it) in our relegation season and looking more like a bloke they'd pulled off the street and stuck in a City shirt than a professional footballer. The only other man I can remember seeing he that far below the standard of his team mates was Nicky Hunt. It's a shame because for many years he was a cracking player for us, but there was more going on with him than just a few boo-boys getting on his back

• Admin

Just because my job took me here don't question my commitment. Obviously home games are a 440 mile round trip but my mother lives in Long Ashton so visit quite regularly.

Also get to most away games within 2-3 hour reach- so plenty thanks.

Surely a 3 hour trip is a 220 mile journey ?

If you read it again, nobody was questioning your commitment to the club - just how much you have seen recently first hand as you have very strong opinions

Never seen such a dip in form in front of own eyes . At one point if he had time- he panicked, if he didn't- he panicked and if he had to do anything first time then you knew he was going to slice it! Such a shame as (like most on here) I rated him so much at first and wish he could have regained that confidence.

Good luck to the bloke, I hope he can get back to somewhere near where he was.

Surely a 3 hour trip is a 220 mile journey ?

If you read it again, nobody was questioning your commitment to the club - just how much you have seen recently first hand as you have very strong opinions

Don't think I have such strong opinions -just because I dared to question the unhealthy obsession with the gas!

If you think you can drive 220 miles from Suffolk to Bristol in 3 hours you are very much mistaken -try 4 and a half on a good day and often 5 or 6!

A three hour trip for me might be Nottingham Reading or Walsall.

In a Ford Anglia as well of course! (actually a 2.0 Litre Mazda 6)

Archived